'04 4.6lt Quad Cam FI Supercharged Intercooled engine issue

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: '04 4.6lt Quad Cam FI Supercharged Intercooled engine issue  (Read 1845 times)

Offline Cobras

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
'04 4.6lt Quad Cam FI Supercharged Intercooled engine issue
« on: November 15, 2014, 11:10:09 am »
Hi all,
 First post on this site. Thanks to all who contribute.
 The issue is that an '04 4.6lt FI Supercharged Intercooled Mustang engine fitted to a Cobra replica (owned by a friend of mine) is not firing on one bank of cylinders.
 Originally the car had overheating issue while involved in Club racing that was finally traced to a faulty radiator cap.
 However in the process of trying to find the problem, and then the dead bank of cylinders issue, a range of things was tried eg compression test; coil test; plug pack test; fuel pressure test; fuel flow, injection loom, etc with no significant bad results
 The bank of cylinders closest to the fuel pump is the one still working while the bank furthest away from the pump is not - although opening up the fuel rail on the dud side, shows plenty of fuel.
 The other weird thing is that the dud bank seems to work at higher revs on the road.
 Does anyone have a clue as to what to look at next?
 Cheers, Roger

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Re: '04 4.6lt Quad Cam FI Supercharged Intercooled engine issue
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 12:07:53 pm »
Did you check cylinder pressures?  I know on those they have an independent feed for coolant on both sides and if that isn't feeding you will cook the head gasket.