WTD Mustang Coupe Victoria or NSW

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: WTD Mustang Coupe Victoria or NSW  (Read 1510 times)

Offline 66 Stang

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Keith
WTD Mustang Coupe Victoria or NSW
« on: October 22, 2014, 08:43:25 pm »
Hi all,

A mate will be in Melbourne this Saturday 25th October, he is chasing a 65 or 66 Coupe, must be a V8, his price range will top out at $20k, so he is really looking for an honest entry level Mustang.

Please if you know of someone within the club, or anyone else who may have something for sale, that you would recommend looking at/considering, would you please PM me with details, and I will put him in contact with you.

He is a cash buyer and is looking to buy this Saturday 25th October.

He is from NSW so if you also know of some thing local, that may also work.

Cheers
Keith
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 08:51:35 pm by 66 Stang »

Offline Herman

• Blue Printed
  • A bit of concours nutter, but I'm still learning!!
Re: WTD Mustang Coupe Victoria or NSW
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 12:52:19 pm »
Hi Keith

Tell your mate he can go to Mustangs of Melbourne or Just Mustangs and they be happy to help him out.

regards
Herman
Have now converted the other half into doing some of the Concours washin, cleaning & polishing stuff!!!!!!!!

Offline 68Coupe

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Andrew
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 01:24:51 pm »
I see Just Mustangs has a '65 coupe with some good options for $18,900.  :smile01:

http://www.justmustangs.com.au/forsale/

Offline 66 Stang

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Keith
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 02:14:03 pm »
Thanks guys, yes already passed those two contacts over to him, Ive also provided the link to the vic club for sale page.

just wasnt sure if any club members had anything for sale.

Offline JT_1994

• Worked
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 03:46:03 pm »
Thanks guys, yes already passed those two contacts over to him, Ive also provided the link to the vic club for sale page.

just wasnt sure if any club members had anything for sale.

Mum's 66 coupe is for sale, perhaps a bit out of your friend's budget of $20k though...
Asking $28.5k but open to reasonable offers.
http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Ford-Mustang-1966/SSE-AD-2574140

Russell at Just Mustangs is only about a 15 minute drive from us..
I often go there for parts and he always has heaps of cars in the warehouse that your friend could look at.

The only piece of advice I would give to your friend is to go and look at as many cars in that price range as possible, get a look underneath at the floor pans and check for anything that may be leaking and check the bodywork thoroughly for any rust bubbles and that the wheel arches, rocker panels and cowl are all solid.
The more you are around them the more you know what to look at and you can get a rough idea of how they should be priced and when the owner is asking too much, you should also consider what you want to do to the car..
A new set of wheels for example will probably cost around $1500 + rubber and speaking from experience those 'minor cosmetic fixes' are somehow always expensive!
JT_1994 aka "Nixon"