seats upholstery

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: seats upholstery  (Read 4529 times)

Offline sherp

• Pony
  • I'm new here
seats upholstery
« on: October 20, 2014, 09:30:12 pm »
Hi All
I need someone who can put the sins and new buns  my 2 front seats  1970 mustang seats any takers , I am unemployed so on a beer budget if possible. :nopity:

Offline RocketScientist

• Worked
Re: seats upholstery
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 11:33:27 am »
I am unable to do it for you but I can give you some instructions on how to recover seats. I am planning on doing my own in about 12 months time and so I am looking into how hard it is to do. It's one of the more daunting resto jobs but its not complicated, just time consuming. If you interested send me your email address and I can send you something. Effort wise, I would put it at a 1 cartion job!
Brad

Offline unilec5544

• Worked
  • Name: Neil.
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 09:57:11 pm »
The main thing with fitting new covers is to get them warm, either leave them in the sun or use a hair dryer, it helps a lot to get them in the correct position. You will also need a pair of hog ring pliers and rings. Not too hard just time consuming. :thumb:

Offline 67FBGT

• Blue Printed
  • Car: 1967
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 12:48:30 am »
I did my own, not hard at all. One trick is to slide the covers on over plastic bags, helps them slide into position rather than drag & hang up on the rubber buns. And don't forget to retrieve the listing rods from the old covers to insert in the new. Yes make sure they are warm & pliable, & take your time, it's a wrestling job.
Also, take a good look at the frames to see where bits of trim screw on before you start fitting the covers, the holes can be hard to locate through the fabric later.
There are how-to videos on-line, & written manuals in Mustang resto books to guide you through.

Offline sherp

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 11:54:03 am »
thanks all, I will have to abandon this now and list my covers for sale very shortly