Factory 5 '33 Hot Rod Complete Kit

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Factory 5 '33 Hot Rod Complete Kit  (Read 17944 times)

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
Re: Factory 5 '33 Hot Rod Complete Kit
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2014, 05:04:14 pm »
I would assume that they would be no different to any other kit car , like the modern look shelby styled cobra built on an xr8  or the gt 40 clone which are made in Qld cant see too many issues to be honest .
I have had hotrods and been around hotrods for 40 yrs and to me whether its a space frame chassis , a glass body , old school , fully tricked out they are all hotrods !
I personally hate ratrods but that doesnt mean they arent a hotrods , i like what factory 5 do , just like coddington or foose also the old school builders who were just as innovative for their time just check out the history of americas most beautiful roadster and see the different styles which have won .

No mate Hotrods and Kit cars are 2 different things when it comes to engineering approval that's for sure. Kit car stuff is much stricter , in QLD at least.

Offline 67fasty.sm

• Worked
  • Name: shane
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2014, 09:04:37 pm »
I suppose too , whether they would class it as a kit car , in vic i think a good engineer to work with would get the job done , i know what your saying re kit vs hotrod .
In essence though and I know they dont consider it a kit car , but to me if you were to build a 34 3 window glass body on a repo chassis with front and rear independent suspension , all new electrics fuel injected motor , that really is just a kit car
Its funny how quick kids learn to drive a car, yet fail to understand a lawnmower.

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2014, 09:48:53 pm »
I suppose too , whether they would class it as a kit car , in vic i think a good engineer to work with would get the job done , i know what your saying re kit vs hotrod .
In essence though and I know they dont consider it a kit car , but to me if you were to build a 34 3 window glass body on a repo chassis with front and rear independent suspension , all new electrics fuel injected motor , that really is just a kit car
I know it's semantics, I'm not sure when a hot rod ends and kit car begins, these days, best to talk to an ASRF Tac bloke first, as ASRF do their own inspections, not the normal DOT approved engineers, much easier to get it on the road. In QLD at least.

Offline JadeMach1

• Thoroughbred
  • Car: H code Mach1
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2014, 08:17:15 am »

I would assume that they would be no different to any other kit car , like the modern look shelby styled cobra built on an xr8  or the gt 40 clone which are made in Qld cant see too many issues to be honest .
I have had hotrods and been around hotrods for 40 yrs and to me whether its a space frame chassis , a glass body , old school , fully tricked out they are all hotrods !
I personally hate ratrods but that doesnt mean they arent a hotrods , i like what factory 5 do , just like coddington or foose also the old school builders who were just as innovative for their time just check out the history of americas most beautiful roadster and see the different styles which have won .
:agree:
I think this is good thing that hot rods are changing as a part of the hobby is to build something unique or we will end of with line up of 32 fords all running simular specs.....(as they are the most easly accessed chassis and repro body shells)

If it looks like a hot rod i.e style from the era and a different engineering solution has been sought either because that's what the law mandates or for styling expression the hobby grows and more people will get involved....
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 08:19:05 am by JadeMach1 »

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2014, 09:46:41 am »
Still plenty of model A fords in the US 4k will buy a good steel body. They made millions of them. An A on 32 rails is really to original Rod. A mate of mine says any car made after 29 is modern crap.

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2014, 09:51:23 am »
Shaun your mate must be old .  I say that about cars that are newer than 1980  not 1929 grin:

Offline 67fasty.sm

• Worked
  • Name: shane
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2014, 07:09:42 pm »
Still plenty of model A fords in the US 4k will buy a good steel body. They made millions of them. An A on 32 rails is really to original Rod. A mate of mine says any car made after 29 is modern crap.

gees shaun everyone has an A model on 32 rails  :grin: , at least mine had some style 34 chev roadster even managed to grace the cover of customer rodder way back in 84 !
My best man for my wedding back in the day built a 33 dodge hi boy roadster i did all the electrics on it it ran a keith black hemi blown and injected on methanol we managed to win top roadster at the victorian hot rod show he ended up driving the penzoil top fuel dragster for many years .
most of us were non ford guys but i wouldnt say no to a clean 32 3 window
Its funny how quick kids learn to drive a car, yet fail to understand a lawnmower.