'68 BUCKET SEATS

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: '68 BUCKET SEATS  (Read 1743 times)

Offline PHILLIGAN

• P Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: PHIL
'68 BUCKET SEATS
« on: October 02, 2014, 07:25:29 pm »
HOW DO I ADJUST THE BUCKET SEATS IN MY ;68 MUSTANG.THE PASSENGER SEAT LEANS BACK TOO FAR & TO THE LEFT?

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
Re: '68 BUCKET SEATS
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 07:43:37 pm »
Tilt the top part of the seat forward  and at the bottom you will see 2  adjustment bolts  ,adjust till your happy . One might be missing . Some seats just have a block either side like 69s and 70s deluxe seats ,and with those  you can cut them down to make the back of the seat lay back more . Have a look which type it has and you can go from there .
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 07:57:01 pm by GLENN 70 »

Offline 67fasty.sm

• Worked
  • Name: shane
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 07:46:35 pm »
there is a couple of things to look for , the first is the two pivot pins which are on the seat base could be cracked and bent and the second is when you press the seat release and flip the seat forward, there should be two round hard plastic stops and two rubber stops which line up with each other these are there to stop the seat laying back to far.
you can buy all these things at any of the sponsors on the right , the pivot pins as i call them are a bolt in repair item.
hope this helps
shane
Its funny how quick kids learn to drive a car, yet fail to understand a lawnmower.

Offline PHILLIGAN

• P Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: PHIL
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 06:06:28 pm »
Thanks guys,both seat are missing the rubber stops,just the screws are left sticking out.
I'm sure this is the first of many questions I'll have.