Seat Belts

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Seat Belts  (Read 3206 times)

Offline 66289coupe

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
Seat Belts
« on: September 01, 2014, 03:30:54 pm »
Hi guys, wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to get lap sash seat belts properly fitted to a 66 coupe. Cheers.

Offline MACH_ONE

• Worked
  • torque to me
  • Name: Andrew
Re: Seat Belts
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 10:11:32 pm »
easy job to do yourself ...but it helps if you have two people for the back belts.

front belts you can do in 10 mins

Back belts providing the bolts and nuts are not rusted up and the rear seat belt holes are there about 10-15 mins it pays to put some wd40 or similar on the threads to help undo the nuts.

But if all good the front belts just undo the bolts off the old belts put the new belts ,new bolts and spring washer back on .

On my 65 for the rear belts I took off the rear wheels to access the side seat belt bolts a bit easier.

Have someone under the car hold the nut while you turn the bolt inside the car or vise versa

When putting on the seat belt rears you put the bolt through the seat belt plate then underneath the car have your assistant place the large washer 1st... then a spring washer ....tighten up and you are done.  :burnout:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 10:13:05 pm by MACH_ONE »
My other car is a Mustang ( ok I lied this one cost me enough)

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 10:26:25 pm »
Easy if you were only fitting lap belts ,but a lot harder fitting lap sash . You most likely will have to get the job engineered as we do in QLD . I would do another post asking fitting  of seat belts in Tech Torque pre1973 ,,and welcome .
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 10:37:49 pm by GLENN 70 »

Offline MACH_ONE

• Worked
  • torque to me
  • Name: Andrew
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 10:47:26 pm »
Easy if you were only fitting lap belts ,but a lot harder fitting lap sash . You most likely will have to get the job engineered as we do in QLD . I would do another post asking fitting  of seat belts in Tech Torque pre1973 ,,and welcome .

Sorry Glenn I didnt see the sash part...as in 3 point...you would be right i would say on a engineers
My other car is a Mustang ( ok I lied this one cost me enough)

Offline scollist

• Worked
  • 65FB, 2017 GT
  • Name: Shane
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 10:16:42 pm »
Hi guys, wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to get lap sash seat belts properly fitted to a 66 coupe. Cheers.

66289Coupe - Message Vellin on this forum.  He has recommended someone to me, but I don't have the details (as I haven't had the chance to do it yet).

Cheers
Shane