fuel pump questions

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: fuel pump questions  (Read 4187 times)

Offline MILD67

• Worked
  • Name: Rob
fuel pump questions
« on: July 15, 2014, 12:20:42 am »
Im running a 302 based roller cammed windsor stroked to 331 with alloy heads and a weiand blower with a 950dp.
My current fuel system is as follows: orig tank with bottom sump welded on, -8 to filter, then a holley black under tank level at rear.
Then -8 braided hose to a 35 micron filter behind the carby to a deadhead reg and then - 6 either side of the carb.
Its too bloody noisey.
Can I put a t piece just after the pump and put a 7.5psi check valve in and run to the other bung in the sump or do I have to run it to the top of the tank so the fuel can flow into tank instead off pushing in?
Or do I have to get a return style reg and run a new line?
Look at your car. Now back to mine. Now back to yours. Now back to mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine. But if you stopped buying dodgy cars and bought an 67, yours could be like mine. Look down. Back up. Where are you? ...You're on MOCA, reading the signature your signature could be like! Anything is possible when your car looks like my car...................

Offline jaythefordman

• Worked
Re: fuel pump questions
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 07:46:01 pm »
Firstly I would run a bypass regulator with a new seperate return line, which will quieten things up a little as the pump won't be banging on against a back pressure, secondly I am not sure if the location of the outlet into the tank would really be an important consideration.  Fuel weight/density is pretty low so back pressure would not be excessive.

Offline MILD67

• Worked
  • Name: Rob
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 12:11:46 am »
Thanks for the reply. I brought a magnafuel 275 and it has a return valve built in so I just ran a return from pump to tank.
Look at your car. Now back to mine. Now back to yours. Now back to mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine. But if you stopped buying dodgy cars and bought an 67, yours could be like mine. Look down. Back up. Where are you? ...You're on MOCA, reading the signature your signature could be like! Anything is possible when your car looks like my car...................

Offline jaythefordman

• Worked
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 01:39:01 am »
Thanks for the reply. I brought a magnafuel 275 and it has a return valve built in so I just ran a return from pump to tank.

too easy :)