Tremec TR-3650

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Tremec TR-3650  (Read 2832 times)

Offline Ash

• Supercharged
  • Name: Max Power
Tremec TR-3650
« on: May 02, 2014, 08:10:04 pm »
I'm going have in my possession a Tremec TR-3650 from a BA XR8. I'm contemplating backing it up behind my FE engine in place of the top loader. My car has 3.91 diff gears and good amount of my driving is open rural roads so the idea of an overdrive is very appealing.

I had also planned to swap to a hydraulic clutch so there is another box ticked.

Is there any thoughts on why I should not use this gearbox? A six speed would be even nicer but the 5 speed is what I have. And don't worry about it not fitting without floor mods. My car currently has no floor so making clearance for it is not a concern.

I'm not a drag racer and never slam gears. Nor am I one to do burnouts. I'm WAY to much of a tight arse for that. However my engine will be "slightly" tickled from stock and from what I have found, there seems to be all kinds of thoughts on what they are happy to do.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Kernel Sanders

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
Re: Tremec TR-3650
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 08:24:33 pm »
I'm going have in my possession a Tremec TR-3650 from a BA XR8. I'm contemplating backing it up behind my FE engine in place of the top loader. My car has 3.91 diff gears and good amount of my driving is open rural roads so the idea of an overdrive is very appealing.

I had also planned to swap to a hydraulic clutch so there is another box ticked.

Is there any thoughts on why I should not use this gearbox? A six speed would be even nicer but the 5 speed is what I have. And don't worry about it not fitting without floor mods. My car currently has no floor so making clearance for it is not a concern.

I'm not a drag racer and never slam gears. Nor am I one to do burnouts. I'm WAY to much of a tight arse for that. However my engine will be "slightly" tickled from stock and from what I have found, there seems to be all kinds of thoughts on what they are happy to do.

Give Mal Wood a call mate, at Warwick west of Brisbane he will tell you what you need to know, and will have what you need to make it work

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 08:29:07 pm »

Offline Ash

• Supercharged
  • Name: Max Power
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 08:38:41 pm »
Cheers, Shaun  :thumb:
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Kernel Sanders