Help required understaning smaller items shipping to aus

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Help required understaning smaller items shipping to aus  (Read 4039 times)

Offline sea67n

• Worked
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Sean
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but had a scan through and appears most questions related to shipping of cars etc

There is a certain upholstery that I want to get that is sold by CJ Pony or TMI. I created an account to see what it might cost just to purchase directly with international freight, but I really have no idea why there is such a difference in cost for the four options offered by CJ Pony. I am in no rush to have it delivered but just cannot understand all the references to different charges that may be incurred from various handlers etc....

I have cut and paste the different options below for a full seat of seat upholstery that comes in at approx. $500 aus dollars. Am I missing something if I just choose the cheapest option or am I going to get stung with a heap of hidden charges from customs etc that I didn't expect? As I said sorry for such a basic question I just cant see why such a massive difference in cost

Express Mail International $93.41
CJ Pony Parts will ship your items through the United States Postal Service.

The United States Postal Service partners with over 200 countries worldwide to provide a cost effective parcel delivery service. There are size and weight restrictions that limit availability. The postal service provides tracking with some degree of visibility while your package is in transit.

Delivery can be expected within 3 to 7 business days from the shipment date.

International Economy $230.82
CJ Pony Parts delivers international economy shipments door to door.

With this service, brokerage fees are included in the cost of transportation. Duties and taxes are collected by the carrier during delivery. This is a premium service with robust tracking and short transit times.

Delivery can be expected within 2 to 5 business days from the shipment date.

International Standard Parcel $244.95

CJ Pony Parts uses standard parcel to deliver international shipments door to door with No Payment On Delivery.
CJ Pony Parts is able to calculate a transportation charge and an estimated charge for all costs associated with your international shipment. Your parts will arrive at their destination without the additional fees traditionally charged by local delivery companies. Parcel service includes tracking and end-to-end package clearance.

Delivery can be expected within 7 to 14 business days from the shipment date.

International Economy Freight $648.53
CJ Pony Parts provides door to door delivery of large items through International Economy Freight.

Brokerage fees are included in the cost of transportation. Duties and taxes are collected by the carrier during delivery. This is a premium service with robust tracking and short transit times.

Delivery can be expected within 2 to 5 business days from the shipment date.

Offline ACT stang lover

• Stallion
  • MOCA ACT Member
  • Name: Andrew
I just shipped some brakes by sea through a US to Australia shipping company, if you can wait 6 weeks or so, you might find it a cheaper option.  Google freight from US to Australia.  But the $93 cost looks good to me

Offline 68Coupe

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Andrew
Re: Help required understaning smaller items shipping to aus
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 10:34:50 pm »
I choose the Express Mail International when I order from CJs without any problems. I have a PO Box so I need my parcels delivered by United States Postal Service rather than the couriers such as UPS who can not deliver to a PO Box. It is cheaper, just takes longer and still has a tracking service. As your total is under a $1000 there will be no added taxes or charges.  :thumb:

Offline yamahore

• Thoroughbred
  • I'm new here
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 10:28:50 pm »
ive always gone with their cheapest option and it has varied between 4 days and 21 days arrival. generally it gets to Australia Post within a week, Then it's a waiting game.

Offline sea67n

• Worked
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Sean
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 10:31:31 pm »
Thanks for the tips guys  :cheers: