Large Panel/Oversize Freight Group Buy?

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Large Panel/Oversize Freight Group Buy?  (Read 4590 times)

Offline LimeGlaze

• Pony
Large Panel/Oversize Freight Group Buy?
« on: March 18, 2014, 05:55:05 pm »
Hello all,

I have a local 67 Fastback in my workshop for rust repairs and have uncovered some very "Mexican" repairs to the rear quarter panels. As a result we are now contemplating replacing the entire quarters with reproduction items, however are very wary of freight costs/final price in my hands if we were to simply order and freight 2 panels.  A quick phone around of friends has me looking into a bulk buy as discussion has the list growing as we speak - radiator support panels, door skins, floor sections, quarter panels, ..., with other makes and models also possible if the demand and availability is there.

So, Does anyone else need and want anything else and would like to come in on a group buy to hopefully reduce the freight charge we all pay? My thoughts are that the freight percentage paid would be directly proportional to expenditure, and yes, everything would need to be paid for in full prior to freight.

Local Suppliers: I am also happy to put the final list forward for quoting and am happy to support local business, but at the end of the day want to pay a respectable price for goods based on unit prices.

For those of you hesitant to freight parts, I may have some 67 lower rear and wheel flare repair panels available for sale provided I can source full quarters first.

List of Parts:

65/66 boot trap door: 1
67 Fastback LHR quarter panel: 2
67 Fastback RHR quarter panel: 2
67/68 LH door skin: 1
67/68 RH door skin: 1
67/68 bonnet hinges: 1pr
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 11:50:27 pm by LimeGlaze »

Offline Ash

• Supercharged
  • Name: Max Power
Re: Large Panel/Oversize Freight Group Buy?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 06:03:53 pm »
I had a smaller list of things I needed for my rebuild and as the same with you, freight was the killer on it all. A couple of weeks ago I dropped in to see these guys and not only did they do us a good price on what we were after, they beat other peoples prices. My mate and I walked out of there very pleased as we knew what it would cost to get them out of the US, we had shopped around locally too and they were happy to help us out. They even took us for a walk through the warehouse to have a look at a couple of new 67 body shells.

I know you are on the wrong side of Aus but I was happy with their service and thought it worth mentioning.

http://www.allmusclecarparts.com.au/

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Kernel Sanders

Offline EXHAUSTED

• Blue Printed
  • Nearly retired
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 09:42:37 pm »
Have you tried contacting Wayne or Blake at America West in Perth? 0428892312 / 0417417039. They have a container leaving the US to Perth within the next couple of weeks. Great to deal with. 

Offline LimeGlaze

• Pony
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 02:24:44 am »
Will certainly contact both and ask the question. I am looking to finalise an order on the weekend if possible, and given some of the prices being offered on special at the moment, certainly have a "too good to pass up" feeling about a few more panels than I need.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 11:51:20 pm by LimeGlaze »