Seeking advice on importing mustang from US

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Seeking advice on importing mustang from US  (Read 5900 times)

Offline MustangMuscle

• Stallion
« on: November 02, 2007, 07:55:37 pm »
I am looking at importing a mustang from the US. I am hoping to gain some wisdom from the population of mustang enthusiast that frequent this site. Any tips you could give me on the whole process (like people/companies to go through, things to watch out for, expected prices etc). Ideally I want to get the car to Brisbane (most likely coming from Florida).

Thanks

Offline Brett_T

• Worked
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 08:09:57 pm »
Hiya Mustang muscle, I have done it once, and are about to do it again.. it is an easy process, as long as all your paperwork is in order.. and you use a reputible company.. and believe me,, they may seem all ok, but there are some dodgy ones out there...leave me a message in the U2U if you want, and i will leave my number ..

Offline peter350h

• Stallion
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 11:26:13 pm »
what car are you getting next brett? ifs its not too much to ask, just pass on ur old mustang to me:] and i will take care of it:(
[IMG=200x150]http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh134/peter350h/n1273297254_30134507_6147.jpg[/IMG]

Offline Brett_T

• Worked
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 06:58:17 am »
Going to bring the rag top in... would like to buy a fastback.. but the financial controller has said "Nope".. but that will change... :+ and  as for looking after my car.. ;w mine started like yours.. time and $$$$ I will let you look after it for the right $$$   :+

Offline corey-robert

• Pony
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 08:45:49 pm »
alot of us dream of owning a mustang ragtop;] but ur livin it:(:( and a 2+2 to boot in the future. ur one lucky dude:: any pics?
1966 C code Coupe in a few years. Debadged detuned sleeperfied Golf GTI for my P plater.

Offline Brett_T

• Worked
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 09:24:48 am »
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w290/65PONY/Cars010.jpg

Here is the ragtop, parked next to the rental i had for the holiday in the US...

Offline Brett_T

• Worked
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 09:27:53 am »
I think that link should take you direct to the pic... and there was hardly any luck involved.. getting up and working hard( well working anyways)..  as someone on the forum says " Money is made to be spent";_

Offline MustangMuscle

• Stallion
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 06:53:44 pm »
Sorry to get back on topic, but does anyone else (thanks Brett, check U2U I would like to talk more) have any advice they could share with me?

Offline Brett_T

• Worked
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 08:18:29 pm »
Check your U2U mustangmuscle/...  sorry to redirect your posting:*