Big Al's Mystery brekky run

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Big Al's Mystery brekky run  (Read 64109 times)

Offline thruster

• Worked
  • Name: John.
Re: Big Al's Mystery brekky run
« Reply #150 on: October 22, 2014, 07:21:52 pm »
Bloody hell he was fast at taking all those shots, I didn't even notice you there Stephen  :thumb:

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
  • Car: 1965 Fastback
« Reply #151 on: October 22, 2014, 08:27:42 pm »
Bloody hell he was fast at taking all those shots, I didn't even notice you there Stephen  :thumb:
lol, I was in stealth mode.

It was during our carby conversation and if your carby guy doesn't work out,  the guy you want to see about the carby is here:

http://www.carburettorservice.com.au/

s

Offline mussy65

• Worked
    • http://nsw.mustang.org.au
  • Name: Phil
« Reply #152 on: October 22, 2014, 11:19:42 pm »
Great pics Phil, I think a GO PRO has to be on the list from Santa to you this year mate  :thumb:

Evil Bay has already produced a number of options :)  I do regret not doing a movie on the cruise down but there is always next time eh Al?  :thumb:

Offline mussy65

• Worked
    • http://nsw.mustang.org.au
  • Name: Phil
« Reply #153 on: October 22, 2014, 11:23:26 pm »
Nice, which town was that you stopped at?

Bowral.  We arrived in time for the annual event "The All Day Lunch" where locals were seated under sun shade cover along the main road through town.  We found the local pub and gave it a nudge  :cheers:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 11:25:48 pm by mussy65 »

Offline thruster

• Worked
« Reply #154 on: October 23, 2014, 06:47:33 am »
lol, I was in stealth mode.

It was during our carby conversation and if your carby guy doesn't work out,  the guy you want to see about the carby is here:

http://www.carburettorservice.com.au/

s

Yes thanks Stephen, I did speak to Tim earlier this week and to rebuild the Autolite was going to be $350 up and I'm thinking it will still be a 48year old carb ? 

Online scollist

• Worked
  • 65FB, 2017 GT
  • Name: Shane
« Reply #155 on: October 23, 2014, 06:59:39 am »

Yes thanks Stephen, I did speak to Tim earlier this week and to rebuild the Autolite was going to be $350 up and I'm thinking it will still be a 48year old carb ?

Thruster,  I just had my Autolite 4100 rebuilt and it is fantastic. Evan will vouch for that too.

Cost me about $100 for the deluxe rebuild kit from Mike's Carbs online, plus a slab and2 pizzas. Obviously I had someone help me, but it is very doable as I learnt.

Cheers
Shane

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
« Reply #156 on: October 23, 2014, 08:17:50 am »
Yes thanks Stephen, I did speak to Tim earlier this week and to rebuild the Autolite was going to be $350 up and I'm thinking it will still be a 48year old carb?

I bought a reconditioned Rochester from him for my Torana 14 years ago, still doesn't miss a beat. He reconditioned my elec. dizzy close to 10 years ago, no problems there either.
With a carby, when the gaskets, etc. are replaced, unless there's some physical damage or worn parts that weren't replaced, what would be the difference between a new one?

Up to you anyway, give CSC a call and see what he quotes you, compare it with the cost of a new replacement.

Also ask them both, what would they recommend you put on your car?
I was thinking of getting vacuum secondaries for the Mustang and he said what I had on mine is fine for the application, I thought all 4 barrels on my carb were always on and he showed how the mechanical secondaries kicked in with a lever on the carb; I was happy to leave it as is.

s
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 08:28:26 am by StephenSLR »

Offline 68Coupe

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Andrew
« Reply #157 on: October 23, 2014, 09:26:58 am »

John, it cost me $215 to have my 2V Autolite rebuilt at CSC and made a big improvement. Would be worth giving them a call.

Cheers, Andrew 
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 09:31:23 am by 68Coupe »

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
« Reply #158 on: October 23, 2014, 04:53:47 pm »

s

Offline Mattstang

• Worked
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Matt
« Reply #159 on: October 23, 2014, 05:16:36 pm »
Hey guys, keep the pics coming!
Thanks again to Stephen, Aspro, Birdman and Uncle Phil, great work fellas  :thumb:

P.S. I didn't get a chance to check out that red fastback parked further on up the hill, it looks very tidy indeed

Cheers
Matt

Offline thruster

• Worked
« Reply #160 on: October 23, 2014, 07:08:27 pm »
John, it cost me $215 to have my 2V Autolite rebuilt at CSC and made a big improvement. Would be worth giving them a call.

Cheers, Andrew
Yes Andrew CSC is the place you told me about on Sunday in Burwood isn't it ?  that was Tim that I spoke to, maybe prices have risen and it is a 4 barrel ??

Cheers John. :thumb:

Offline 66 Stang

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Keith
« Reply #161 on: October 23, 2014, 07:28:53 pm »
Photos are on the NSW Photo gallery pages:

http://nsw.mustang.org.au/photo-gallery/photos-page-1/14-photos/85-big-als-mystery-brekky-run-19th-october-2014

There a photo in this lot of Showbags car parked out front of Elle Bache, I'm guessing he was in getting his nails done.

Offline johnny_b

• Worked
« Reply #162 on: October 23, 2014, 08:10:53 pm »
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q18/slrphoto/5f14_zps8e81ec32.jpg.. :lmao:.. :flag:.. :thumb:
Aussie Aussie Aussie
Big Smile, Big Smile, Big Smile
Larrikan Aussie humour at its best..yeah!!??
Real AUSSIES use a Knife and Fork.

Offline Mattstang

• Worked
  • MOCA NSW Member
« Reply #163 on: May 01, 2015, 09:22:49 pm »
Sunday 17th May  Big Al’s Mystery Breakfast Run
With 2 Meeting Points this time round!
It’s on again! Today, members (and their guests) will meet at McDonalds Eastern Creek on the WEST bound side of the M4 from 7.30am (ie going from Blacktown to Penrith) in time for a departure at 8am.  We will then be travelling to the 2nd Meeting point at McDonalds’ Heathcote for a 2nd departure time of 9am. We shall then depart for a drive to a mystery location for a freshly cooked BBQ breakfast Big Al Style! We ask you to fill the petrol tank, bring your family / friends along and include a toll pass (M7 & M5) plus your happy mood with smiles.
We will supply Bread, Sausages, Bacon, Eggs, Tea, Coffee & Cakes and will argue over who is Head Chef once we arrive. There will be a Flat Fee of $15 per car to cover costs and it does not matter how many people in your car nor does it matter how much food you eat. As always, there will be no shortage of food, so bring the family and your appetites for what has become a great run!
Any questions, contact Alan Vella (Vice President)
0412 235 523 after 5.00pm

Offline 66 Stang

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Keith
« Reply #164 on: May 10, 2015, 05:54:28 pm »
Sunday 17th May  Big Al’s Mystery Breakfast Run
With 2 Meeting Points this time round!
It’s on again! Today, members (and their guests) will meet at McDonalds Eastern Creek on the WEST bound side of the M4 from 7.30am (ie going from Blacktown to Penrith) in time for a departure at 8am.  We will then be travelling to the 2nd Meeting point at McDonalds’ Heathcote for a 2nd departure time of 9am. We shall then depart for a drive to a mystery location for a freshly cooked BBQ breakfast Big Al Style! We ask you to fill the petrol tank, bring your family / friends along and include a toll pass (M7 & M5) plus your happy mood with smiles.
We will supply Bread, Sausages, Bacon, Eggs, Tea, Coffee & Cakes and will argue over who is Head Chef once we arrive. There will be a Flat Fee of $15 per car to cover costs and it does not matter how many people in your car nor does it matter how much food you eat. As always, there will be no shortage of food, so bring the family and your appetites for what has become a great run!
Any questions, contact Alan Vella (Vice President)
0412 235 523 after 5.00pm

Don't forget this Sunday is the mystery run, these are always a good opportunity to get the car out for a run with the family, so be sure not to miss this one.

Offline griff

• Worked
  • 65GT Slowback
  • Name: griff
« Reply #165 on: May 14, 2015, 08:28:59 pm »
Gentleman & Big Al.......
As a local can i make a suggestion that the 9am meeting point at Heathcote be 500mts further down the highway at Caltex Servo because McDonalds has small carpark and no parking most mornings with woeful access back onto the highway whereas the Caltex is THE major meeting point for any car club heading south on weekends and has a large area off to the left of driveway entrance.
If you guys are heading via Heathcote Rd its of course a right hand turn south at the highway lights.
Trust me, Im almost a Doctor....
when a 3 month engine rebuild turns into 3 year bare metal resto.
you get that .....

Offline birdman

• Blue Printed
  • Name: John
« Reply #166 on: May 14, 2015, 08:58:12 pm »
Gentleman & Big Al.......
As a local can i make a suggestion that the 9am meeting point at Heathcote be 500mts further down the highway at Caltex Servo because McDonalds has small carpark and no parking most mornings with woeful access back onto the highway whereas the Caltex is THE major meeting point for any car club heading south on weekends and has a large area off to the left of driveway entrance.
If you guys are heading via Heathcote Rd its of course a right hand turn south at the highway lights.
Trust me, Im almost a Doctor....

I will 2nd this suggestion.

Offline Mattstang

• Worked
  • MOCA NSW Member
« Reply #167 on: May 14, 2015, 09:21:37 pm »
Yeh hey guys,
Had a call today from one of our Members who has been chosen to lead the way to the mystery destination from  Heathcote, being the second meeting point and he suggested that we meet a bit further down the road at the RMS vehicle checking station (opposite the fish n chip shop at Waterfall) as there is a lot more of a run off from the main drag heading south.
Hoping that this all makes sense and that everyone can make it on the day,

Cheers
Matt

Offline griff

• Worked
  • 65GT Slowback
  • Name: griff
« Reply #168 on: May 14, 2015, 09:54:43 pm »
cant agree with that meeting point matt, its 80kph thru there and just not the area to do it with a lot of cars as dickheads fly through there. (im one of them every sun morn ha!)
Caltex is the go, the traffic lights make a mass exit easier and can accomodate heaps of cars.
when a 3 month engine rebuild turns into 3 year bare metal resto.
you get that .....

Offline birdman

• Blue Printed
« Reply #169 on: May 14, 2015, 10:33:28 pm »
Yeh hey guys,
Had a call today from one of our Members who has been chosen to lead the way to the mystery destination from  Heathcote, being the second meeting point and he suggested that we meet a bit further down the road at the RMS vehicle checking station (opposite the fish n chip shop at Waterfall) as there is a lot more of a run off from the main drag heading south.
Hoping that this all makes sense and that everyone can make it on the day,

Cheers
Matt

I'm no expert but for a safety aspect it is an 80 zone and from memory 100 just before it so it's not that safe to pull up and exchange destination details for our brekky run. Caltex servo is the safer option and away from the main road.

Offline Mattstang

• Worked
  • MOCA NSW Member
« Reply #170 on: May 15, 2015, 12:23:49 am »
No worries ,a bit of local knowledge is always good.
The Caltex servo just on the left side heading south through Heathcote as the 2nd meeting point from 8.30am for a 9.00am departure,
See you all there!

Cheers
Matt

Offline birdman

• Blue Printed
« Reply #171 on: May 15, 2015, 12:29:17 am »
No worries ,a bit of local knowledge is always good.
The Caltex servo just on the left side heading south through Heathcote as the 2nd meeting point from 8.30am for a 9.00am departure,
See you all there!

Cheers
Matt

:agree: :agree: :agree:  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline 68Coupe

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
« Reply #172 on: May 15, 2015, 10:07:39 am »
OK you've got the 2nd meeting point sorted. Now if you can organise some fine weather for Sunday morning the '68 coupe will be there.  :lol:

Cheers, Aspro

Offline birdman

• Blue Printed
« Reply #173 on: May 15, 2015, 01:20:53 pm »
OK you've got the 2nd meeting point sorted. Now if you can organise some fine weather for Sunday morning the '68 coupe will be there.  :lol:

Cheers, Aspro

I hope you don't chicken out Andrew? aka (Aspro). 2nd meeting point for you?

Offline 68Coupe

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
« Reply #174 on: May 15, 2015, 01:38:56 pm »
I hope you don't chicken out Andrew? aka (Aspro). 2nd meeting point for you?

If the weather is good John, the '68 coupe will make a rare appearance. Yep, the 2nd meeting point for me.

Hopefully it's a nice day as the car needs a run and I'm looking forward to it. :thumb:

Cheers, Andrew