'C' Stripes Help

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 'C' Stripes Help  (Read 2784 times)

Offline mort

• Pony
'C' Stripes Help
« on: October 23, 2007, 11:24:31 am »
Hi
Can someone tell me if a standard mustang 1968 come with a 'C' stripe or any other stripes from factory, or were they only on GT's ?

R_Beckhaus

R_Beckhaus
'C' Stripes Help
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 03:36:33 pm »
Mort, as far as I understand it, C Stirpes were standart on GT's and other "package deal" cars like the sprint and were optional on the rest. I've just put them on my '68 and they look fantastic. When it comes down to it, it's your car and if you like them, fit them. They are year correct and no-one will take points off for having themif you are planning a concourse route for your pony.

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
'C' Stripes Help
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 05:55:47 pm »
Come on Ron !are you encouraging Cross Dressing of the Mustangs?
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Real muscle cars have 3 pedals. Where theres smoke theres Tyres

Offline FST68

• Worked
'C' Stripes Help
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 07:34:52 pm »
the c stripes were an option on the gt's

they were only standard on the gt 500's

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
'C' Stripes Help
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 08:24:09 pm »
And mine hasnt got em............So they aint no good!
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

R_Beckhaus

R_Beckhaus
'C' Stripes Help
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 08:25:21 pm »
According to the Mustang recognition guide, the C Stripe was part of the GT equipment group, and the reflective group and came standard on the 6 cylinder and V8 sprint. The GT500 had a straight rocker stripe with GT500 incorporated on it at the rear of the front guard. This particular C Stripe was available on the 68's only. I apologise to all and sundry who disbelieve me, I'm only quoting  a recognised publication who may, themselves, have got it wrong. I am NOT purporting to be an expert. I have the stripes on my car. I like them and don't give a flying bugger if others think i'm wrong in putting them on.   Cross dressing isn't my style Hev, I was referring only to the '68 model only, mate.
cheers Ron B

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
'C' Stripes Help
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 08:44:47 pm »
Originally posted by R_Beckhaus
According to the Mustang recognition guide, the C Stripe was part of the GT equipment group, and the reflective group and came standard on the 6 cylinder and V8 sprint. The GT500 had a straight rocker stripe with GT500 incorporated on it at the rear of the front guard. This particular C Stripe was available on the 68's only. I apologise to all and sundry who disbelieve me, I'm only quoting  a recognised publication who may, themselves, have got it wrong. I am NOT purporting to be an expert. I have the stripes on my car. I like them and don't give a flying bugger if others think i'm wrong in putting them on.   Cross dressing isn't my style Hev, I was referring only to the '68 model only, mate.
cheers Ron B

Now thats a reply I like. straight the point and to hell with conformity:(:(.  
nassi
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
'C' Stripes Help
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007, 08:49:01 pm »
Originally posted by nassi
Originally posted by R_Beckhaus
cheers Ron B

Sounds like someones RAW nerve, But I believe im!

Anyway cross dressing can be very interesting! And my 67 has 66 exhaust outlet! now theres something!:2

Offline 2233

• Blue Printed
'C' Stripes Help
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007, 08:52:37 pm »
Originally posted by HEVEN67
Come on Ron !are you encouraging Cross Dressing of the Mustangs?

Thats a nice picture of David Francis admiring your car Heven.:w

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
'C' Stripes Help
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007, 09:02:43 pm »
Oh MY GOD!;x
Hi David!

R_Beckhaus

R_Beckhaus
'C' Stripes Help
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2007, 03:56:45 pm »
Heven, Do ALL crossdressers have such nice tailpipes as yours???:w

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
'C' Stripes Help
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 07:21:50 pm »
Edd Zacary!
And the cobrajet front apron!
Ther I go again with the ladies clothes.