Grant steering wheel

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Grant steering wheel  (Read 3426 times)

Offline srv

• P Plates
Grant steering wheel
« on: November 15, 2005, 02:44:10 pm »
I have the Grant Wooden classic series steering wheel with the Mustanger horn button. My horn button keeps falling off... and when it does stay on...small sparks come from the contact plate when horn depressed. What is wrong ???

Has anyone had a similar problem ?

Offline Pete

• Worked
Grant steering wheel
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 07:58:55 pm »
Unfortunately, in my experience, Grant steering wheels all seem to suffer the same problem. Make sure you keep the 3 bolts that attach the wheel to the boss tight. They have a habit of becoming loose from time to time. I have had several cars with those steering wheels fitted and all have suffered similar problems. The Grant steering wheel is a budget wheel at a reasonable price, but I would recommend the more expensive repro deluxe woodgrain style or Lacarra Shelby style steering wheels. Chalk and Cheese.

Offline whnnie

• Pony
Grant steering wheel
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 11:21:25 pm »
Mate,

I had the same problem on my previous Stang.

I would take Petes advice and upgrade to the better wheel as it will drive you insane, trust me.

Cheers,

Whnnie

Offline 70Mac1

• L Plates
Grant steering wheel
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 04:31:04 pm »
Grant Steering wheel. I've had the same problem. Can be embarrising - the horn goes off on mine when the button pops off. I don't trust it - so I disconnect the horn of the battery when the car is parked for a while.