Seats wanted for 1967 convertible

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Seats wanted for 1967 convertible  (Read 5205 times)

Offline Agreig

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Andrew
Seats wanted for 1967 convertible
« on: September 30, 2013, 06:07:25 pm »
Pulled the drivers seat out today to try to work out why it was so loose. Turns out the steel frame is broken and is definitely beyond repair. Anyone have either a single seat (LHD) drivers side or a pair? Trim is black but obviously not important as I can easily get it retrimmed. Also, anyone know how much a new seat is worth? Email me at apg2082@tpg.com.au

Offline Raven

• Worked
Re: Seats wanted for 1967 convertible
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 07:17:41 pm »
Hi Andrew,

Welcome to the forum. The seats are the same for the coupes verts and Fastbacks. Ring around the local mustang suppliers if they have any available. Whatever you pick up will need to be reupholstered  unless the they are a pair and have been restored. Also if you do find a seat, make sure it is the appropriate side.

Cheers
Dino

Offline Agreig

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Andrew
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 07:44:57 pm »
Thanks Dino... I wasnt actually certain if the seats were the same for all. Appreciate the heads up and the welcome. I have accepted that whatever seat or seats I buy will need reupholstering which is actually a bit of a shame seeing the existing upholstery is in great condition

Offline fordtj69

• Worked
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 07:01:06 am »
Hi Agreig
pm sent about a set of seats I have
cheers tim
 :cheers:
I will travel far for a car up and over the hill's to Clancy's at the bottom of the big mountain
member of the big dog car club

BDCC

Offline unilec5544

• Worked
  • Name: Neil.
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 07:41:34 pm »
Pulled the drivers seat out today to try to work out why it was so loose. Turns out the steel frame is broken and is definitely beyond repair. Anyone have either a single seat (LHD) drivers side or a pair? Trim is black but obviously not important as I can easily get it retrimmed. Also, anyone know how much a new seat is worth? Email me at apg2082@tpg.com.au

When you say it is beyond repair, can't you just have it welded?