6mths after reco engine

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 6mths after reco engine  (Read 2267 times)

Offline AGT66

• Pony
6mths after reco engine
« on: September 26, 2013, 10:23:28 am »
Hi,
Might seem like a dumb question but I've had my engine rebuilt in 6 months ago and the guy advised me to get the head bolts retensioned after 6 months. I'm very happy with the 289 engine he built me but he's in Brisbane and as I live in Rockhampton its a bit of a drive to take it back. I've asked around on a reputable place to take it up here but I was wondering If anything else should be done after 6mths to the engine.
Obviously oil change is something I'll do myself, but how often should the carby be messed with etc.
Thanks.

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
Re: 6mths after reco engine
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 01:13:41 pm »
Anyone can redo the heads ,but i am just wandering why and what head gaskets they used .As for the rest yes oil and filter and just a check over should be fine ,and if its a points dissy reset them and the timing  and a set of new spark plugs .If it has extractors redo the bolts up .Its always good to flush the radiator again  after a engine build and new coolant .

Offline renjar

• Pony
Re: 6mths after reco engine
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 01:57:43 pm »
 :agree: Oil and filter changed

I added a filter at the top of the radiator as there was a heap of rusted metal blocking radiator. Mine was a bad case, just watch out for this.

Also some of the bolts on the exhaust came loose after about a year, not done up tight enough.
1965 Ford mustang coupe 289 v8 RHD C code