IMPORTING GETTING TUFF

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: IMPORTING GETTING TUFF  (Read 8236 times)

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
IMPORTING GETTING TUFF
« on: August 27, 2013, 09:06:27 pm »
Its getting tougher to import from the usa .US customs are checking more and more containers going to Aust ,with cars and bikes ,looking for guns coming into here .If they think there maybe a problem they unpack the container and charge you 2500 us dollars .And now we get charged a customs fee for every part you buy from a different supplier ,eg 2 wheels from one shop is one charge, 6 wheels from another shop another charge ,a part from another shop yep another charge and so on .Something like 125 dollars for each .I know someone that just got charged an extra 1500 dollars for his parts .

Offline USAtoAUS

• Stallion
    • www.usatoaus.com
Re: IMPORTING GETTING TUFF
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 10:06:51 pm »
Sounds like you need a descent shipping company!
Shipping from the USAtoAUS (BRI - FRE - MEL - SYD)
www.USAtoAUS.com

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 10:26:17 pm »
Ok from long beach to brisbane .

Offline USAtoAUS

• Stallion
    • www.usatoaus.com
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 10:35:16 pm »
I wouldn't ship anything out of California... your first post should be a good indication that it isn't a good idea.
www.USAtoAUS.com

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 11:58:34 pm »
We probably have 2 shipments checked a year if were lucky Glenn. Charged $250

We dont do parts though.

They nailed down about 4 months ago a particular version of a bill of sale that they wanted "us" to use in order to do what we do as they no longer accepted hand written Bills of sale that caused some conflict during the transitional stage but apart from that, everything is still the same as it has been for the last few years. Schumacher Cargo are on their shi7 and we dont hear of any problems like this.

Are you mainly doing parts or a bit of both (cars aswell)

Are you sharing a container with someone else??....if so, I would dig deeper as I have a story about that one that sounds familiar to this one

Keep us posted

Matt

Offline big al

• Worked
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 11:04:34 am »
Apparently, US customs targeted both Australian and New Zealand containers. I know of one company that had 11 containers pulled in a 2 week period last month. I don't think it matters who you ship with. I had a container pulled last year and US customs decided to let a cat into the container after they repacked it, and it died on its way here in one of the cars. And who pays for that? We do. Yes, they do have a job to do, and we all just have to grin and bear it. All part of the import process, and the more noise we make the harder it will get

Offline big al

• Worked
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 11:08:28 am »
Oh yes, and also wait till everyone starts getting slugged the $135.00 Quarantine entry fee which is charged by Australian customs on every individual invoice from every different supplier on Used Parts....As well as the $75.00 Customs fee. Watch all the prices go up now!!!!

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 01:53:26 pm »
big al ,yes thats what i am talking about ,the charge on each invoice 135 dollars from different suppliers ,and the checking of some containers at your cost .My last container cost me 2100 dollars more  and i tried to fight it but i ended up paying that amount after they tried for 2700 dollars .I am going over in a few weeks and its doing my head in as its only a hobby .Going to the good guys car show in dallas Texas ,then long beach swap up to bakersville hot rod nationals back to pomona swap .

Offline big al

• Worked
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 02:56:42 pm »
there is a way around it.... but it can be a lot of mucking around. The reason I got for it by my customs broker was that the charge  and legislation has always been there, but was never enforced. But since the country is in such a bad way, they better start to enforce this charge and recoup some of the money in the coffers before the election...Who knows but we all have to pay
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 02:59:35 pm by big al »

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 03:09:46 pm »
Yes i know its always been there ,and its already happening ,the charges being passed on .I dont buy much in the way of parts but now will buy from one suppler instead of say 10 and only pay the one fee .Buying a 100 dollar part and then paying 135 fee ,then the  dollar difference and the the gst ,does not work .

Offline big al

• Worked
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 04:24:09 pm »
Glenn, just becareful with all the second hand parts you buy , as they will request receipts/invoices for these and that's where the expensive process starts. The $135 fee is only on the second hand stuff

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 09:16:25 pm »
sounds like its easier to set up a company over here and write your own invoices itemizing every single part on the one invoice Glenn. doesnt cost much to set up a company here in the US

When the good guys on in Texas? (dates?)

Matt

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2013, 09:43:45 pm »
Shermatt ,i have a friend in CA with a speed shop and i can buy everything i need through him and all on his invoice ,so only one charge .Good Guys 21st lone star nationals Forth worth Dallas 4th,5th 6th oct . I have been to  quite a few around the states but not in Texas before .

Offline Rick106

• Worked
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Richard
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2013, 03:19:21 pm »
That's annoying. i was planning on bringing a few parts back in the boot of the car. Will I get charged the $135 Australian customs fee? Parts will only be around $250.

Offline big al

• Worked
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2013, 07:52:55 pm »
If the parts are used then yes you will be charged the $135 aqis fee plus the customs entry fee. If new then just the $70 customs fee for every different supplier

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2013, 08:02:45 pm »
I dont know, i went and saw my shipping guy yesterday and it sounds a bit screwed up ,different stories .Seems different if you go over and then ship back than staying here and shipping back  :shrug: Going  late next week so i guess i will find out .

Offline USAtoAUS

• Stallion
    • www.usatoaus.com
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2013, 07:44:17 am »
We cleared 2 containers this week. One with 43 lines (different ICS numbers) and one with 48 lines and there were no additional charges so maybe it is how your shipper or broker clear the container.
www.USAtoAUS.com

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2013, 08:32:05 am »
USAtoAUST ,it seems to be when someone shares a box it gets tricky, but thats the way it was suppose to be anyway, so no big deal .

Offline USAtoAUS

• Stallion
    • www.usatoaus.com
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2013, 05:09:27 pm »
After this notice all I can say is be careful if you are buying and pulling vehicles as they are making it harder and harder.

http://www.customs.gov.au/webdata/resources/files/ACNRoadVehiclePartsguidanceSept2013.pdf

Make sure that the people you are dealing with know what they are doing.
www.USAtoAUS.com