RHD Rear view wing mirror conversion (06)

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: RHD Rear view wing mirror conversion (06)  (Read 7437 times)

Offline EZYPEEL

• L Plates
« on: October 08, 2007, 04:35:01 pm »
Hello all,

My wife & I have just imported the first V6 04+ into New Zealand and WE LOVE IT!!!

Its a 2006 Red Convertible with Black leather & roof and we had it converted by 'RaceFX' in Henderson.

The conversion is immaculate and they have done a 110% job.

Two things they tolds us about before the LHD --> RHD swap was that the button on the auto would not be swapped over (thats ok, we can live with that) and that the Rear view wing mirrors can't be swapped over or re-angled and we just have to have the passengers (L/H side) maxed out for correct vision.

My problem: the optics out of the L/H mirror are stink! The glass is dished the wrong way and im so tall that with the mirror maxed out I still can't see jack!

My Question: Has anyone replaced their glass to improve vision?

Has anyone modified the mirror to give better viewing angles?

I don't want to cut & plastic weld the casing (im happy for it to poke out at crazzy angle)

This glass is flat and optics are bad. I want a curved replacement like the R/H side

Muchly appreciated in advance,

BRENT

Offline johnpony

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 08:09:26 am »
Hey Brent, Here's a pic of my Auto button swapped over and yeah my L/H mirror is maxed out as well but i can see fine out of it . I might not be as tall i'm only 6.4ft .

I suggest you repaint youre mirror covers though , should look a whole lot cooler.

Cheers
Enjoy The Ride.    John Pony

2007 GT Tungsten Grey Premium Coupe. Auto.
IUP, Charcoal Aluminium Interior, Comfort Group, GT Apperance Package, Polished Exhaust Tips, 17" Polished Bullits, Hood Scoop, Shaker 1000, Shorty Antenna, Silver Racing Stripes, C&L CAI Predator Tune.