delivery charges

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: delivery charges  (Read 5298 times)

Offline andy65

• Stallion
delivery charges
« on: July 16, 2013, 06:07:47 pm »
gday, been looking at getting some parts from comp cams in the us and while the kit itself cost $us727 the postage is $us456(30lbs) apparently they only use fedex.. surely thats a bit much! isnt it?
..andy

Offline EXHAUSTED

• Blue Printed
  • Nearly retired
Re: delivery charges
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 06:27:57 pm »
Check out VPW & see what there charges are. As a comparrison ... Mag wheels only cost a $100 each to airfreight. Send them an email to confirm freight charges. Depends on what you are buying ... cam, lifters, heads etc, etc ?????

« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 06:29:53 pm by EXHAUSTED »

Offline Slugger

• Thoroughbred
  • Name: Cory
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 06:43:01 pm »
+1 for VPW. I buy alot from summit racing also.

Offline peterp

• Administrator
  • Worked
    • http://www.yourithelp.com.au
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 06:47:16 pm »
Have you tried the forum sponsor Ship Porter http://www.shipporter.com/?track=mustang-forum

peterp
You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the Duct Tape.

Offline mert

• Supercharged
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 07:00:08 pm »
ShipPorter is ocean freight, use only if you can wait 3 months.... the quote noted sounds like air freight.

Check with Performance Wholesale, their prices, while higher than the US by a fair amount may be less than the total quote, assuming they have the kit you want.

http://www.performancewholesale.com.au
8R01S, 8R03S, 8R01C-Cal Special, 8F01X - EXP500 Repli-bute

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 07:08:14 pm »
Go to Summit Racing they use I-parcel now , just got a roller cam, lifters and roller rockers. $130 freight.

Offline andy65

• Stallion
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 07:36:44 pm »
thanks guys.. the price was for roller cam, lifters, springs(with retainers etc) timing gear and pushrods.. i am going to the us in late oct.. but dont really want to be lugging around car bits and besides i want em now! will have a look at all your suggestions... what was the delivery times on that shaun? 

Offline rhinosoft007

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 07:49:53 pm »
I can answer for you Shaun if you like.  I used the IParcel service and had my parts within the week, this is to Melbourne.

I was impressed.

Graeme   :pepper:

Offline andy65

• Stallion
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 08:12:45 pm »
does sound impressive... ive bought interstate stuff thats taken longer!

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 07:21:19 pm »
thanks guys.. the price was for roller cam, lifters, springs(with retainers etc) timing gear and pushrods.. i am going to the us in late oct.. but dont really want to be lugging around car bits and besides i want em now! will have a look at all your suggestions... what was the delivery times on that shaun?

They say 5-11 days, seems about right, my stuff has landed in Brisbane yesterday but hasn't been delivered yet. The Comp cam and lifter kit I got wasn't in stock, took them about 4 days to get it in. I've got 2 orders waiting to be delivered, first was cam kit, rockers, oil pump drive, second was carb, manifold some ARP bolts. Both are in in town, haven't show up at home yet. One more order has not left the US yet.

Offline andy65

• Stallion
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 09:38:22 pm »
yeah going to go with summit, they have everything im wanting and works out so much cheaper even after delivery fees

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 09:59:39 pm »
Hopefully my stuff will so up in the next day or so. Actually thinking of getting an entire Flow master stainless exhaust from them as well.

Offline j1autotech

• Worked
  • MOCA VIC member 1828
  • Name: Justin
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2013, 01:49:34 am »
I ordered a new Grant steering wheel from Summit a few weeks ago.

Ordered on the Friday morning and recieved it on Monday afternoon in Melbourne.
I couldn't believe it when the girl at the front desk said that a DHL courier had just dropped off a steering wheel for me.
Postage was just over USD $70.

You could never get that in Australia I reckon.

J1

Offline bergmyster

• P Plates
  • I'm new here
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2013, 03:45:52 pm »
if you can wait about 5-6 weeks, i would use Shipporter. it is seafreight hence the transit time but the price will be much cheaper. they have an online calculator http://www.shipporter.com/shoppers/shipping-calculator
I just punched in 30lbs to post code 3000 and the cost is $114.00