rear venetians

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: rear venetians  (Read 4621 times)

Offline MILD67

• Worked
  • Name: Rob
rear venetians
« on: March 13, 2013, 01:19:30 pm »
I noticed on another thread that someone installed some venetians in there stang.
Iv been contemplating doing this.
But, are they noisey? I drive with all windows dowm most of the time and was wondering if the wind affects them? Ease of installation? Cleaning?
Thank for any feedback.
ROB
Look at your car. Now back to mine. Now back to yours. Now back to mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine. But if you stopped buying dodgy cars and bought an 67, yours could be like mine. Look down. Back up. Where are you? ...You're on MOCA, reading the signature your signature could be like! Anything is possible when your car looks like my car...................

Offline ponyride

• Blue Printed
Re: rear venetians
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 02:37:13 pm »
Rob I have them in my XA GT and they're fine. I also drove a 66 Mustang the other day that just had them installed, both windows down, I didn't notice any noise or vibration. Contact 67Scotty, he drives his car frequently, he'll be able to tell you. Discussed in this thread:
 http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,20454.msg203526/topicseen.html#msg203526
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 02:40:14 pm by ponyride »
Rick

Offline griff

• Worked
  • 65GT Slowback
  • Name: griff
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 08:56:29 pm »
rob i have the rigid type in my 65, theyre nothing like the flexible old school venetians so to speak, and i drive with all windows down most of the time and given their construction they dont make any wind noise. i simply wipe them every couple of months to clean and very easy to install in 10-15mins (inclusive of having a beer too)
also i bought white but i found the reflection against the rear window made it hard to see thru on sunny days so i sprayed them satin black.
got em on eBay 2 years ago, top quality and i notice the seller does black now as well

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MUSTANG-2-DOOR-1964-68-VENETIAN-BLINDS-AUTO-SHADES-/230936943467?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35c4ea1b6b&_uhb=1

« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 09:17:21 pm by griff »
when a 3 month engine rebuild turns into 3 year bare metal resto.
you get that .....

Offline GUSTO

• Pony
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 10:42:27 pm »
I have the same ones in my 65 coupe which I drive every day as my work car. they are well constructed and made a huge difference to the heat inside the car and they look realy cool and period, love them. Gus