Mr Wheel Deal

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Mr Wheel Deal  (Read 17859 times)

Offline 69ISH

• Worked
  • Name: Rodney
Mr Wheel Deal
« on: February 20, 2013, 10:25:07 pm »
Has anybody here used Steve from Mr Wheel Deal and if so what are your experiences, pricing and shipping.
I am wanting to get a set of AR500 in 17 x 8 with 4.5 backspacing and 17 x 9.5 with 4 backspacing.
Cheers Rodney
1969 Mustang Sportsroof (8+ year Project are they ever completed)
1969 Cougar Eliminator (Sadly sold)
1972 Gran Torino Sport (Sold)
1968 Mustang Coupe (Sold)
Read about "Eliminators" below
http://eliminator.mercurycougarregistry.com/

Offline junior

• Worked
Re: Mr Wheel Deal
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 05:12:31 pm »
God I love those wheels.

Offline 66 Hertz

• Web Editor
  • Top Streeter
  • SA member #787 MOCSA
    • http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/ww313/ozzyone_photos/66%20GT350H/?albumv
  • Name: Dale
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 05:17:22 pm »
I saw a Mustang a couple of weeks back with them on and they were Hot!
Paint by IMAGE CLASSIC CARS
build thread...http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,14043.0.html

Offline 67fasty.sm

• Worked
  • Name: shane
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 05:32:10 pm »
i priced a set of custom rims for my 67 $1220 plus $ 334 shipping and remember gst will get added , price and freight was good compared to what they cost here , i didnt need them straight up and he is happy to follow up in a few months .
hope this helps
cheers shane
Its funny how quick kids learn to drive a car, yet fail to understand a lawnmower.

Offline HAPPY ONE

• Worked
  • A hearse has no tow ball !
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 07:03:24 pm »
69ISH,

l have used Steve from Mr Wheel Deals before ...when i brought my set of Foose rims. He was very easy to deal with and the transaction went through without any issues. I also know a couple of others who have also had simular good experiances with Steve...l have not heard of any negative comments to date.

My rims arrived on time and he even helped out by shipping two at a time, to get under the $1K import limit to avoid GST. This cost me a little extra $20 from memory, but saved heaps in the long run.

Cheers

HappyOne,

:thumb:

Offline 69ISH

• Worked
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 08:18:29 pm »
69ISH,

l have used Steve from Mr Wheel Deals before ...when i brought my set of Foose rims. He was very easy to deal with and the transaction went through without any issues. I also know a couple of others who have also had simular good experiances with Steve...l have not heard of any negative comments to date.

My rims arrived on time and he even helped out by shipping two at a time, to get under the $1K import limit to avoid GST. This cost me a little extra $20 from memory, but saved heaps in the long run.

Cheers

HappyOne,

:thumb:
I have asked him to break the order up into amounts of less than a $1000-00 but he will not do it, He has now quoted me as below.

They are $1409 + $338 S&H via AIR to your door on the wheels alone.

Cheers Rodney

Offline 69candy

• Worked
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 08:41:50 pm »
Just order 2. then order the other 2 a week later???

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 09:01:37 pm »
God I love those wheels.

I love them even more !!

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline HAPPY ONE

• Worked
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 10:47:43 pm »
I have asked him to break the order up into amounts of less than a $1000-00 but he will not do it, He has now quoted me as below.

They are $1409 + $338 S&H via AIR to your door on the wheels alone.

Cheers Rodney

Rodney,

maybe if you explain that you know of others here on the forum that have dealt with him doing it that way in the past,  he may budge a bit.

I would also be upfront and tell him you are willing to pay just that little bit more for his trouble (as it is a bit more mucking around at his end) but you really want to avoid the GST on this end to make it all viable.

Hope it goes well for you.

Cheers,

HazppyOne

Offline ND69

• Worked
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 11:57:36 am »
Hey  Rodney,

Have you checked out the Year One Wheels

https://www.yearone.com/Catalog/1964-73-mustang/wheels_brakes_rear-axle/wheel-vintiques

Regards

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 02:13:06 pm »
Are those Wheel Vintique prices per wheel ?

Wow !

Try these :

https://www.yearone.com/Catalog/1964-73-mustang/wheels_brakes_rear-axle/yearone-cast-magnum

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 03:52:38 pm »
Just order 2. then order the other 2 a week later???

How sad it must be for our forum sponsors to read this? Can you imagine how they must feel? I can't just get two wheels from Mustang of Melbourne today and order the other two next week and get them to write off the GST.

As a result of this loop hole an Australian Supplier could go out of business, a job working for that supplier could be lost and as a tax agent my industry could lose the business owner, as a tax client, as well as losing business, of lodging a tax return, from any unemployed salary and wage earners who, if unemployed, will not reach the 18k odd tax free thresh hold. If I as a tax agent go broke I'll not have money to spend on the industry that employs you.

It does not seem there is an illegal activity going on though, my research shows ATO entrust Customs to collect the tax and Customs can't tie the two shipments together unless they arrive in one shipment on the same day. If the shipments arrive a week apart Customs just treat the shipments as isolated transactions. What ever anyone reading this does for a living is effected when money leaves our country and our government loses revenue.

I wonder why a lot of extra money is not spent on separate freight, must be because freight is charged by the weight mainly, causing  the effect of half the weight costing half the overall cost?.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 03:57:50 pm by Mustangpaul1 »
1967 Mustang Convertible with fries and the works, hold the rust, no timber thank you, go easy on the Bondo and I'll have that in Right Hand Drive please.

Offline HAPPY ONE

• Worked
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2013, 04:33:04 pm »
How sad it must be for our forum sponsors to read this? Can you imagine how they must feel? I can't just get two wheels from Mustang of Melbourne today and order the other two next week and get them to write off the GST.

As a result of this loop hole an Australian Supplier could go out of business, a job working for that supplier could be lost and as a tax agent my industry could lose the business owner, as a tax client, as well as losing business, of lodging a tax return, from any unemployed salary and wage earners who, if unemployed, will not reach the 18k odd tax free thresh hold. If I as a tax agent go broke I'll not have money to spend on the industry that employs you.

It does not seem there is an illegal activity going on though, my research shows ATO entrust Customs to collect the tax and Customs can't tie the two shipments together unless they arrive in one shipment on the same day. If the shipments arrive a week apart Customs just treat the shipments as isolated transactions. What ever anyone reading this does for a living is effected when money leaves our country and our government loses revenue.

I wonder why a lot of extra money is not spent on separate freight, must be because freight is charged by the weight mainly, causing  the effect of half the weight costing half the overall cost?.

Mustangpaul,

I sort of agree with what you point out, but it's a tough one.

Whenever I can (if the price is near enough) l tend to support my local mustang parts supplier here in Brisbane as l'm sure everyone here on the forum attempts to do with their local supplier.

I can honestly say almost everything l have purchased overseas - l have first given the local guys an opportunity to try and get close to the prices quoted plus shipping costs....but they tend not to be able too even come anywhere near close !

I guess everyone is feeling the pinch with the economy and the average punter out there today, is far more savvy to shop around -- even offshore as the world is only a keyboard & screen away.

In terms of the forums sponsors ....well l'm sure they would agree, but the fact is the forum was running before the sponsors and they would accept that we all want to support them when we can, otherwise they would not bother supporting the forum as they do.

Mind you, if the parts were actually made here, my view would change totally. l'm all for supporting local manufactures and would pay more, if "ALL" the money actually stayed in "our" economy but with almost if not all of Mustang parts here a large percentage of it goes offshore in anycase.

Just my 2 cents worth and possibly most would not agree

:shrug:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 04:37:05 pm by HAPPY ONE »

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 04:42:00 pm »
That is cool Happy One. This topic was not about the future of our country and I did not want to derail it, thanks for letting me make my point and I appreciate yours. I have also purchased from O S at times. All points being made, all I have to say is Have a good weekend.

Cheers

Paul
1967 Mustang Convertible with fries and the works, hold the rust, no timber thank you, go easy on the Bondo and I'll have that in Right Hand Drive please.

Offline scedd1

• Worked
  • Name: Steve
  • Car: 68 Coupe - Frankenstang
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2013, 04:46:25 pm »

I cant agree with you here.
Why are prices in Australia so much higher than in the USA for the same item?
I buy my Levi 505's from California Surplus Mart www.onlinesales4less.com for $45USD a pair x 4 = $180 + $74 postage = $254USD = $63.50USD each
Delivery is between 4 - 6 days.
Why do i have to pay $120.00AUD each to buy in australia.
It is the same price here online as in the department store, so store cost isnt the answer.
I also buy Dickies for my young bloke from there $23USD a pair versus $90 in Australia.
I thought the free trade agreement was going to even things up, but i havent seen it.
.  ____________
./____________ \.
 ( ]]] _ _ O _ _ [[[ )
\_ o _ _____ _ o _/
 |___|            |___|

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 05:07:54 pm »
I really do not want to take the topic off the rails so I'll try to keep this brief. Having been a price control officer for a very large public company in the past I dealt with what they call quantity breaks. This means the more someone buys wholesale for something the less  they have to pay. eg 5% discount for 1000 items ordered 15 % for 2000 30% for 4000 items 50% for 10000 items. We are a small fish in a big ocean and then we pay GST here in Australia when we as end users buy. There are people in this world who could give us all a couple of million dollars each and just buy our country but we don't let that happen. Now look for quality of life in each country and see where you'd rather live? We pay our price for living in the best, friendliest, peaceful, loveable place on earth. Have a good weekend. :flag:

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2013, 05:49:20 pm »
Yeah , with the US, it's economy of scale.

But you gotta wonder why with Apple  stuff like iPhones, iPads, Macs etc. they are dropped shipped direct from China and we still pay more.

I Tend to buy from a mix of local and OS suppliers. For generic speed parts, its hard to go past Summit and Jegs. mustang specific sparts, I try and buy locally.

My 2c.

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline ND69

• Worked
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2013, 06:10:32 pm »
Another tread hijacked

I purchased a pair of video sunglasses on line delivered from Syd $40.00 I have seen the same ones for sale in Oz for $139 and $100. so who is overpricing.......Best price will generally win the sale.

If we didn't import, the the custom and post/deliver people wouldn.t have a job to pay there tax, swings and roundabouts

Frank,
That,s the one I was looking for Alum deep dish and lighter than steel, the slot is also more centred and looks more in proportion

back to the hijack

Cheers

Offline 69ISH

• Worked
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2013, 07:14:04 pm »

Frank,
That,s the one I was looking for Alum deep dish and lighter than steel, the slot is also more centred and looks more in proportion

back to the hijack

Cheers

The AR500 are 2 piece aluminium not steel  but I can get them in 9.5" instead of just 9" and I have now ordered the wheels 17" x 8" with 4.5" backspace and the rears 17' x 9.5" with only 4" backspace (Custom backspace hence the higher price)  so I should have heaps of dish.
I will update with photos when I eventually get them.
Cheers Rodney

Offline SXTY8

• Worked
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2013, 11:21:30 pm »
Are those Wheel Vintique prices per wheel ?
Yikes! That's what I was thinking. Surely that's the price for two?

As for the argument of our prices Vs the USA, as well as market size their wages are much lower than ours.
A lot of people work for 10 - 12 bucks an hour over there. Office managers earn about $40K p.a.
A barmaid in Memphis told me she earns $2.13 p/h but can earn up to 4 hundred a week in tips. That's still less than $500 a week. How many people work for $500 before tax a week here?

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2013, 11:56:53 pm »
I have now ordered the wheels 17" x 8" with 4.5" backspace and the rears 17' x 9.5" with only 4" backspace (Custom backspace hence the higher price)  so I should have heaps of dish.
I will update with photos when I eventually get them.
Cheers Rodney

Nice Rodney. I assume they are going on your 69 Mustang ? I initially thought the Cuda in your sig., but I see that's sold.

Definitely we need pics !

Cheers,
Frank

Offline 69ISH

• Worked
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2013, 08:17:10 am »
Nice Rodney. I assume they are going on your 69 Mustang ? I initially thought the Cuda in your sig., but I see that's sold.

Definitely we need pics !

Cheers,
Frank
Yeah Frank they are going on my stang, can't wait untilmthey arrive so I can finally order the Diff.
I was wanting to run the same wheels that I had on my COUGAR 14x8 front and 15x10 rear 5 spoke dragways but with black centres, When i received the quote from Dragway they worked out over $3500-00 and tyres are getting hard to source to suit those wheel sizes and i didn't want to end up with mismatched tyres or tyres to narrower than i want.
Cheers Rodney

Offline 67fasty.sm

• Worked
  • Name: shane
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2013, 10:45:19 am »
A lot of the aussie prices are a hang over when our dollar was 50 , 60 cents , I owned a skateboard shop for 7 years in the 2000's and everything i brought was in US dollars , plus we have what we call the middle man , where's in the US there brought direct from the supplier we , had to buy from a wholesaler , who put his %100 on it , then we put ours on it .
So a pr of skate shoes that retailed in the US for $50 ended up $110 here.
But now we have an even dollar no one is readjusting the price cause the their buy price is better and we the aussie public are still paying early 2000's price cause not everyone will buy on line and they take advantage of that.
Its funny how quick kids learn to drive a car, yet fail to understand a lawnmower.

Offline 69ISH

• Worked
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2013, 05:09:03 pm »
Already received my UPS tracking number, So much for being custom made wheels !

Offline HAPPY ONE

• Worked
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2013, 05:54:27 pm »
Already received my UPS tracking number, So much for being custom made wheels !

So did Steve come good and send two at a time or the 4 in one hit ?