Update on the above info

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Update on the above info  (Read 2861 times)

Offline dazza

• Pony
Update on the above info
« on: October 17, 2005, 09:11:31 am »
I'm just about to restore all the suspension & steering components in my 69 coupe, does anyone know a good SE QLD source or if early model falcon are interchangable; (I have read the earlier post on ball joints).

Thanks Darren :(

Offline dazza

• Pony
Update on the above info
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 12:32:03 pm »
An update from the above request; I have found no problem at all finding new replacement parts (falcon versions) for the following parts: Upper ball joints, tie rod end rubbers (generic), sway bar ends (generic), brake pads, spring rubbers (generic), upper & lower control arm bushes and wheel bearings.

I reckon any other parts needed could also be sourced fairly easily.

Thanks to the guys at Cheapa auto ashmore who matched my parts to falcon ones and do a bloody good job.

I went to falcon parts to save on cost because it seems the same 'Mustang' part attracts a higher price.

For an idea on price, the front pads where $44 (2 pair), ball joints $20 ea, wheel bearings $38 pair.

Hope this helps someone.

Dazza :+

Offline dazza

• Pony
Update on the above info
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 07:25:23 am »
Off all the above parts purchased the upper & lower control arm bushes where the only ones that didn't fit correctly; my original ones where still servicable so I didn't spend any more time sourcing matching units and reused the originals.

So I don't know if falcon versions of the upper & lower control arms are available.

Darren

Offline dazza

• Pony
Update on the above info
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 07:31:54 am »
Lastly I forgot to mention, bottom falcon ball joints also fit at $20 each, but where a pain to change as the originals have 3 rivits and 2 weld spots on the control arm, the welds must be drilled out then welded up again to tidy them up

But if you are handy in the shed its not hard and a lot chaper than replacing the arms. This only ever needs to be done once as the new just ones bolt in.

Darren