Sydney Import and full rego

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Sydney Import and full rego  (Read 3371 times)

Offline tangman

• Stallion
Sydney Import and full rego
« on: January 08, 2013, 03:55:59 pm »
Hi all,
its been a while since my last post but i'm considering importing a 1971 Ranchero 429 GT.Can any anyone explain how to get the ute from the dock to somewhere that can do the rego with as little effort and confusion as possible.Is there a company that can do the pick up and transfer directly , only leaving me basically with the drive home? No doubt there are some forum users who have been down this path before. :thumb:

Offline MachAttack

• Worked
Re: Sydney Import and full rego
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 04:13:31 pm »
I think StephenSLR was happy with the guys who got his fastback on the road, he mentions a tow company in the thread too. Contact him first to get some feedback.

http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,18004.0.html

Offline marksince1984

• Stallion
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 04:33:30 pm »
Too lazy and its too hot for me to be bothered re-typing......... :nopity:

I highly recommend Chris at SMS Performance in Bankstown. He did a great job on my car in August, all sorted (including headlights, weighbridge) in no time at all. :thumb:

He used to be based in Padstow but recently moved. See details http://xtremecarzone.com.au/STORAGE/PICTURES/Links/sms01/

I recommend spending the $200 to get it towed from the dock to the rego check. Car hasnt been driven for months and there would be nothing worse than getting stuck in heavy traffic and having to organise a tow then. Far better off paying a bit more and getting it picked up from the docks by tilt tray.

I got a lot of quotes and Select Tilt Tray Group come up as best price by far (under $200 if i remember correctly). I sent them the release documents from the port and they went to docks and picked up the car and took it straight to SMS without me needing to be involved at all.
1969 Mach 1 S Code

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
  • Car: 1965 Fastback
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 12:28:37 pm »
Yep, Chris from SMS should be able to do everything for you, he may even have the headlights in stock but best call him to make sure.

I had mine towed by Ed from H.Reid & Sons 0418 618 905

Just call him prior, then call him from the docks when your car is ready to be released.

s