Help with pulley / harmonic balancer

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Help with pulley / harmonic balancer  (Read 1699 times)

Offline Yellow66

• Worked
  • Car: 1966 coupe & 1969 Mach 1
Help with pulley / harmonic balancer
« on: September 20, 2012, 08:55:05 pm »
Hi folks

Need some help as my lower pulley broke and i can't find a suitable replacement.  I bought a 3 bolt one to suit a 1964-68 mustang but it did not fit. I checked out a webpage which showed pics of all ford 1962-70 harmonic balancers so i could identify mine in the hope of then finding the matching pulley but none of the pics matched mine.  I thought i may have had a later model engine block but read somewhere that after 1970 the pulley's were all 4 bolts. Can someone advise what balancer i have or advise what i can do?

Appreciate any assistance

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
Re: Help with pulley / harmonic balancer
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 09:04:57 pm »
You have a powerbond balancer on now not ford factory ,70 and on are 4 bolt .What doesnt line up ,bolt patten or centre ,at worse ring powerbond balancers in NSW, waga waga i think and ask them .

Offline moe

• Top Streeter
  • Name: "Moe"
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 02:37:07 pm »
You have a powerbond balancer on now not ford factory ,70 and on are 4 bolt .What doesnt line up ,bolt patten or centre ,at worse ring powerbond balancers in NSW, waga waga i think and ask them .

Center hole on the pulley is too small, and a couple of pulleys have been tried.  Should post a pic up of the old one yellow66!

Offline DUNRITE66

• Worked
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 08:13:20 pm »
vpw or speedpro sell them if you are in melb... rocket sells them if your in sydney .... i have my original one off my 289 if you want it to get out of trouble..... the pro race  ones are nodular iron and are multifit 3 and 4 holes..... i had one on one of my mild engines and factory pulleys all lined up....  not expensive either.  ...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 07:57:05 am by dunrite66 »