A brilliant Podcast

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: A brilliant Podcast  (Read 2521 times)

Offline griff

• Worked
  • 65GT Slowback
  • Name: griff
A brilliant Podcast
« on: August 20, 2012, 09:45:30 pm »
Guys
i listen on occasions to the daily series on ABC radio 'conversations with Richard Fidler' and heard the most incredible story from Qantas pilot Captain Richard de Crespigny who was flying QF32 the A380 Airbus when one of its engines famously exploded en route from Singapore to Sydney in Nov 2010.
for those of us who are technically minded, or have an interest in aviation or just dig documented stories youve simply got to hear this. it will blow you away just how brilliant pilots of this calibre are in what was essentially the saving of 469 lives from disaster and has also given me a new respect for the training pilots the like of Qantas undergo in order to face critical moments.
its a 1hr interview, ive listened to this 4 times now and i know youre comments will be similar to mine.

cut & paste this link, download or listen straight up.
http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2012/07/26/3554128.htm?site=conversations

greg

when a 3 month engine rebuild turns into 3 year bare metal resto.
you get that .....

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Re: A brilliant Podcast
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 10:31:48 pm »
Amazing stuff isn't it..

Offline russ68

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 06:45:24 am »
Yes Griff a great weeday radio show.  In particular I liked the reference to Gene in Apollo 18... don't tell me what doesn't work, tell me what does.

Yesterdays show had the helicopter rescue pilot from the Grantham floods.  Good listening as well.

Offline griff

• Worked
  • 65GT Slowback
  • Name: griff
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 08:46:23 pm »
Yes absolutely amazing and a testament to the expertise of the top qantas pilots, i didnt realise the level of ongoing training, competency and health checks qantas guys go through. i now know who i'd prefer up front in the cockpit should alarms start going off.
i must catch the heli pilot interview, thanks for that russ
when a 3 month engine rebuild turns into 3 year bare metal resto.
you get that .....