Rear sway Bar

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Rear sway Bar  (Read 3286 times)

Offline dazza

• Pony
Rear sway Bar
« on: October 11, 2005, 02:26:51 pm »
Hi Guys, I have just purchased a 1969 coupe to restore and being a complete newbie was after some 'expert' advice on a few bits.

Firstly is there any quality problems with the re-production parts that seem to be readily available from the US?

Secondly the car also has a clock over the glove box that I was able to restore to working order, are these standard on all 1969's?

And lastly to avoid carrying on to much I have a partial swaybar set up over the diff (no ends!), I'm guessing this is aftermarket, but the bit that bugs me is the ends of the bar don't go anywhere and have no holes (you can grab the bar and spin it), has anyone seen anything similar with clamped ends? I'm interested because i'm not sure what the heck to do with it.

Thanks for any response:(

Offline Herman

• Blue Printed
  • A bit of concours nutter, but I'm still learning!!
Rear sway Bar
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 06:20:00 pm »
Dazza Welcome

;{

I have heard that the parts that are shipped overseas could be of a lesser quality and don't quite fit right to those that are purchased in Oz. It seems that because we are long way away they don't really care about us.

From what I have read the electric clock is an option on the 69 model and is rectangular.  The round clock is a standard item for Grande and Mach 1 models.  If the owner upgraded to the Deluxe Decor Interior they also received the round clock.

As for your sway bar problem I am sorry I can't help there.
Have now converted the other half into doing some of the Concours washin, cleaning & polishing stuff!!!!!!!!

Offline dazza

• Pony
Rear sway Bar
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 06:59:15 am »
;} I did a bit more reasearch and there is an aftermarket adjustable bar called the "Stam Bar" that matches what I have where the ends are clamped and not bolted.

Can't see it helping too much without the ends though!

Thanks Dazza

Offline ThunderKiss

• Thoroughbred
Rear sway Bar
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2005, 02:33:51 pm »
My car has no clock.  As Herman said, it was optional.