York style AC

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: York style AC  (Read 1242 times)

Offline brent65

• Pony
York style AC
« on: July 24, 2012, 09:18:21 pm »
Does anyone in know of someone in Sydney that does the York style AC compressors as I need to get the AC working on my 1969 Mach 1 but want to keep it original in appearance.

thanx
I have a masters from the School of Life, I majored in Sarcasm with a minor in Smart Ass.

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
York style AC
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 10:34:40 pm »
You can by new ones, Mr Cool in Brisbane rebuilds them. It is just leaking from the front seal you can fix that yourself the seal is about $50. Try Cooldrive web site, the new yorks will be about $350-400 I think. They will have the seals as well for the old one, couple of different one. No big deal either way.

Offline brent65

• Pony
York style AC
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 11:10:50 pm »
Hey Shaun thanks for the info I'll check it out, however I was really after a proper AC guy to fix it as I don't have gauges or gas, the compressor is seized (was degassed when shipped and never re-gassed by the previous owner) anyway the compressor turns over a little but then jams through it's travel and I think I will need new hoses and so forth for 134a
I have a masters from the School of Life, I majored in Sarcasm with a minor in Smart Ass.

Offline pmb

• Worked
York style AC
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 07:47:25 pm »
Yep and it get expensive. I put new seals in mine and it still leaks a bit a new one is the way to go. Your A/C guy will need to flush the system, probably replace the tx valve and hoses at least. I had to have custom hoses made (RHD) a flush, tx valve and gas $1100.00