wheels

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: wheels  (Read 3997 times)

Offline Sal

• Pony
wheels
« on: June 01, 2012, 11:45:31 pm »
Hey all,
anyone tell me where I can shop in Adelaide for a set of centrelines (matt finish)?

Offline Dark Horse

• Pony
wheels
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 07:51:45 pm »
Depends what u call Centrelines (that is actually a brand, not a style), but try Outlaw Speed Shop. My other half got his from there a few months back. What style are u getting? (centerlinewheels.com/)
:cool:

Offline Sal

• Pony
wheels
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 08:35:19 pm »
Theyre the satin finsish auto drag.
Was Outlaw able to help out with the offset or did you know what to order?

Thanks for your feedback it's helpful.

Offline Dark Horse

• Pony
wheels
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 11:22:53 pm »
Nice!

The car he was buying for he is swapping out the rear end, so won't be standard (it was for a Holden Brougham in any case.  I'm guessing you don't want to go down the drastic path of modifying the rear axle?).  Pretty sure he worked out what offset he needed himself, but fairly confident Outlaw will be able to help with that though.

I've got a chart that lists the wheel & tyre spec's for Mustangs from '65 - '70.  What year is yours & what size wheel were you thinking of running?

Offline Sal

• Pony
wheels
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 08:25:15 pm »
Hi,
I've got a 66 Coupe, I'm thinking I have to run 15 x 7's, I've currently got 15x8's on with BF Goodrich Radial TA's on the rear 225/60 series but get a little bit of guard scrape as it is (already rolled guards) when I get people in the  back.
Again all feedback helpful, thanks.

Offline Dark Horse

• Pony
wheels
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 10:19:44 pm »
Okay, well you should be able to run 15x8's on the rear, but maybe the offset is wrong?  

I kind of buggered up before: the chart I refered to in my last post (now pictured below) I thought talked in 'offset' figures, but this actually tells you the 'backspace' measurement.  However, the two are very much related so I hope that you & anyone else watching this thread still find it helpful.  I found it on another forum while goofing around trying to find 'useful information for use at a later date'.

Hope it helps!

Offline Dark Horse

• Pony
wheels
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 10:26:05 pm »
Further to my last post, you (& others) might also find this very helpful:

http://my66stang.blogspot.com.au/2011/05/correct-rim-size-backspacingoffset.html

Offline Sal

• Pony
wheels
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 06:38:22 pm »
Thankyou, I have been reveiwing autodrag rim size and look as though they only produce 15 x 8.5. This is 0.5 larger that my current rim.
Thoughts on whether this still would fit?

Offline Dark Horse

• Pony
wheels
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 01:01:23 am »
...um...going by the spec's on their website, i'd say probably not...

BUT...at the end of the day, I'm not in the wheel fitting business & I probably know jack.  

I reckon your best bet now is to bite the bullet & just ring Outlaw - see if they can tell you straight out what size will fit.  You don't lose any money by asking, but going on guesswork & second-hand opinions can be VERY costly! (& heartbreaking)

(Also, I don't know if modifications to brakes, i.e. from drum to disc, will alter the fittment issue - don't know whether this affects you?)

Offline Dark Horse

• Pony
wheels
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012, 02:14:11 pm »
Hey Sal, how did you go with the Autodrags?

Offline BLKPNY

• Pegasus
  • Forum Sponsor
    • www.CustomMustangs.com.au
wheels
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2012, 04:53:22 pm »
I have 1" shortened (per side) diff in my 66, with 15 x 8.5 Convo's. With 235's, it is perfect, with 255's, it rubs on bumps.

My backspacing is 3 3/8", so if you take away the shortened diff, you'd want 4.5"bs to be about the same.
Custom Mustangs
0438 351 400 or 03 9782 8850
For Email CLICK HERE
2/14 Lakewood Blvd Carrum Downs Victoria
Signature Sponsor

Offline boss351

• Worked
wheels
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2012, 10:05:48 am »
I arn running convos 7inch on rear of a standard 66 coupe with a 245 tyre no probs and 6inch and 205 on the front, bought mine at OG speedshop were $50 cheaper than anywhere else in Adelaide..

:thumb:
Life is short drive a Mustang