Ignition problem

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Ignition problem  (Read 1557 times)

Offline Wolfy

• P Plates
Ignition problem
« on: March 19, 2012, 08:28:26 pm »
Hi I would like some advice please with a ignition problem that has stopped my 67 on the weekend, and having to put the proud old girl on the back of a tilt tray in the pissing down rain.:rain:

It is a 289 running with a ignitor electronic ignition which is from what I understand quite relible.
I couldn't get it started so got the RACQ dude to come and check it out for me .The diagnosis was that the module in the distributor is not swiching the coil to the dizzy.
With the ignition on there is power to everything coil,dizzy but when you go to start the car there's no more power to the dizzy ????? not know heaps about electronic ignition wanting to know if anyone else has had is happen and am I on the right track with replaceing the module.
Thanks

Offline unilec5544

• Worked
  • Name: Neil.
Ignition problem
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 09:21:51 pm »
If you still have the old points system it would be a good idea to fit them back in, if it starts then you have a faulty module.

Offline nels66gt

• L Plates
Ignition problem
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 01:38:32 pm »
are you sure you have 12v connected correctly to the module, as it needs this to give full crank.

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Ignition problem
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 06:40:31 pm »
Take the distributer and the amplifier box down to sparky who know distributers.  He'll be able to bench test it and solve your problems.

Offline Wolfy

• P Plates
Ignition problem
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 08:03:16 pm »
Thanks , I will take it to auto electrician to sort it out.