Window stuck

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Window stuck  (Read 1417 times)

Offline Cruzn65

• Worked
Window stuck
« on: March 14, 2012, 10:38:32 pm »
 Ok drivers window is down and stuck, the winder isn't moving much. I have new rollers but the old ones look ok. Should I be trying to remove the regulator and if so how the F do I get at it with window down? I have looked at YouTube clip but that assumes window is up. Cheers

Offline j1autotech

• Worked
  • MOCA VIC member 1828
  • Name: Justin
Window stuck
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 04:19:24 am »
Craig, I'm guessing you have already tried, but have you tried pulling the window up by hand as you wind it up ??? this will take a bit of pressure of the regulator or scissor depending where the problem is...
The window may have jumped out of it's side guide tracks as well maybe. If you remove the door handle and window crank as well as the door panel you should be able to see inside and see if this is the problem as well.

Good luck.

J1

Offline EXHAUSTED

• Blue Printed
  • Nearly retired
Window stuck
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 10:03:12 am »
Remove your arm from the top of window ! Now see if it will wind up.:smile01:

Offline Cruzn65

• Worked
Window stuck
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 10:38:04 am »
Quote from: j1autotech link=topic=17421.msg173705#msg173705
Craig, I'm guessing you have already tried, but have you tried pulling the window up by hand as you wind it up ??? this will take a bit of pressure of the regulator or scissor depending where the problem is...
The window may have jumped out of it's side guide tracks as well maybe. If you remove the door handle and window crank as well as the door panel you should be able to see inside and see if this is the problem as well.

Good luck.

J1

yep tried pulling it up as was winding it.... not much movement there., think Im going to have to dispmantle the whole thing... :banghead:  will have to try and see side tracks with the window down there isnt much room to see how it all works...

Offline Cruzn65

• Worked
Window stuck
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 10:39:08 am »
Quote from: EXHAUSTED link=topic=17421.msg173717#msg173717
Remove your arm from the top of window ! Now see if it will wind up.:smile01:

there is always one isnt there.... thanks Pete :smile01: