Might be a wet trip!

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Might be a wet trip!  (Read 17121 times)

Offline rocket

• Please visit our new Website
  • Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
Might be a wet trip!
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2012, 05:21:14 pm »

Good going fellas.

But be very careful..... There were cops everywhere on the freeway from Sydney to Newcastle. Must be a major blitz getting underway.

Great to see lots of Mustangs already rolling in this afternoon.

Rocket.
Check out our new Website

http://www.imageclassiccars.com.au/

Offline ANGZ66

• Worked
  • VIC Member
    • http://mustang.org.au/forum/viewthread.php?tid=8047
Might be a wet trip!
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2012, 06:04:11 pm »
Goulburn, rods everywhere for a local rod show. See you tomorrow.

Offline ANGZ66

• Worked
  • VIC Member
Might be a wet trip!
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2012, 01:29:06 pm »
Touch down. Didn't see a mustang untill 20k out.:cool:

Offline ANGZ66

• Worked
  • VIC Member
Might be a wet trip!
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2012, 02:20:48 pm »
Touch down. Didn't see a mustang untill 20k out.:cool:

Offline nickd

• Worked
  • MOCA Vic Member 924
  • Name: Nick
  • Car: 1965 Coupe
Might be a wet trip!
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2012, 02:53:10 pm »
We are close, safe trip to Wattle Grove, see you all tomorrow morning

Offline Raven

• Worked
Might be a wet trip!
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2012, 09:00:36 pm »
Can anybody tell me what time the concours starts Saturday morning?

Offline Muzzy 66

• Thoroughbred
Might be a wet trip!
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2012, 10:15:31 am »
Now all the intertstaters are there or still trekking the last few hours.

Any Sydneyites still coming up for SUNDAY we are LEAVING Thornleigh Maccas at 6.30am to head up to Newy.

Hoorrooo    

Luke
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

66 Muzzy Coupe

Offline skev

• Blue Printed
Might be a wet trip!
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2012, 01:33:45 pm »
Can you order me a tall skinny latte with two extra shots, and a sweetener?
67 Convertible

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
Might be a wet trip!
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2012, 02:49:09 pm »
Have a great time guys

Offline Muzzy 66

• Thoroughbred
Might be a wet trip!
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2012, 07:20:46 pm »
Quote from: skev link=topic=17125.msg175684#msg175684
Can you order me a tall skinny latte with two extra shots, and a sweetener?

May as well just have a rum..:smile01:

66 Muzzy Coupe

Offline dta308

• Stallion
Might be a wet trip!
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2012, 10:11:40 am »
Mustang nationals!  It seems to be if your Mustang is NOT a concours condition, you are not welcome in the Mustang circle.
I drove my Mustang from Sydney, I stayed and paid for two night accommodation, 'not the Executive Inn',  I drove around the foreshore of Newcastle.

Mustangs are meant to be driven, I am sorry my budget is not enough and my Mustang are not good enough for your club.

Offline red066

• Worked
Might be a wet trip!
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2012, 03:00:43 pm »
dta 308 seems to me your not stopping to chat to other mustangers along the way ?? My mustang is far from concourse and i never enter any events , only turn up to show my car  and i myself and most others have never been rejected or never made not welcome .
I think if you made a effort to be included you would be more than welcomed
Its not about the money budget or concourse  , its about the Muatang and friends
Theres my two cents worth
cheers Peter
PS  you are always welcome to cruise with me

Offline rocket

• Please visit our new Website
  • Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
Might be a wet trip!
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2012, 04:46:08 pm »
Quote from: dta308 link=topic=17125.msg175831#msg175831
Mustang nationals!  It seems to be if your Mustang is NOT a concours condition, you are not welcome in the Mustang circle.
I drove my Mustang from Sydney, I stayed and paid for two night accommodation, 'not the Executive Inn',  I drove around the foreshore of Newcastle.

Mustangs are meant to be driven, I am sorry my budget is not enough and my Mustang are not good enough for your club.

dta308, What on earth happened? Did you have a run in with somebody. Did you enter to join us in the display - which i believe could be done on the day.

It has been my experience that Mustangers are welcome in the club and it is not restricted to concours cars. You would be welcome no matter how your car looks. Half the fun is improving our cars over time. We all start somewhere.
Hope you reconsider and join in.

Rocket.
Check out our new Website

http://www.imageclassiccars.com.au/

Offline Bumblebee

• Blue Printed
Might be a wet trip!
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2012, 06:39:01 pm »

Hi DTA308

I'm sorry you didn't come and chat with any of us. I have never experienced this with the many great people who come to these events and I've never been in the concours.  I'd also say that you drove by me twice on Thursday when we went down to the venue early to check it out and when you drove up and down the road my wife and I waved to you to say hi, but you didn't seam to see us. Then you drove straight past my car on the oval and didn't seem to be interested in stopping.

Next time (and I hope here will be one), please make a point of saying hi to me and I can assure you of a chat and a laugh. We're a friendly lot, truly.

Cheers  and hope to catch up next time.

Cheers Bee

Offline ozford

• Worked
Might be a wet trip!
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2012, 07:08:36 pm »

i think dta was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. i think concors judging is pretty intence so you can excuse owners for being a little uptight. there is a lot at stake don't forget. im sure at todays general display you would have experianced the real Mussy brother hood. :thumb:  even from the concors owners now that they have relaxed a bit.
please excuse becose im going to cut an paste to the other thread.

Offline Muzzy 66

• Thoroughbred
Might be a wet trip!
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2012, 10:14:38 am »
Sad your weekend ended with you feeling like you have.

I assume your car is what you like, hopefully,thats all that matters,dont be disheartened in what you assume others think of it,or you.

Out of about 20 cars that left Thornleigh at 6.30am there where all sorts of cars,some modified, some very smick,the one thing in common everyone was out in what they enjoy making the most of the day.

As Bee has said feel free to make yourself known,Send us a PM,or say hello if you see us out, we are often out almost evry weekend and we are also in Sydney.

Hope your experiences change in the future.

Cheers

Luke  

66 Muzzy Coupe

Offline Paul Clark

• Thoroughbred
Might be a wet trip!
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2012, 10:36:19 am »
dta 308
             Unfortunately you have the wrong impression of your fellow Mustangers, regardless of the condition of your Mustang, you would always be made welcome by other members. You are not judged by because your car is not in the concourse class, very few are. Make yourself known my friend, join in even if you don't know anyone, you soon will. You wouldn't find anyone more welcoming than the President of the NSW club.

Offline 68pony

• Worked
Might be a wet trip!
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2012, 05:38:45 pm »
Dude don't worry about concours, what ever rocks your boat is more important,  if i had a concours i could not do this.

And this

We all have different tastes some are into concours others into modified and those in between,but we all share one thing in comon and thats mustangs and classic cars in general.

Offline skev

• Blue Printed
Might be a wet trip!
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2012, 06:29:04 pm »
hey,  Eastern Creek!
67 Convertible

Offline stormin

• Blue Printed
Might be a wet trip!
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2012, 07:41:10 pm »
I don't what was experienced but of over 300 cars on Sunday only 30 were concours cars. there were cars of all condition, colours and with all sorts of mods. I'm not into concours but I can appreciate the work put in by those that do. You couldn't have made much effort to walk around and talk to owners yourself as I spent all day talking to Mustangers and nearly all I had never set eyes on before. Get out there,come to a meeting, you won't find a better or more friendly group.
Stormin

Offline 68pony

• Worked
Might be a wet trip!
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2012, 08:25:37 pm »
Quote from: skev link=topic=17125.msg176014#msg176014
hey,  Eastern Creek!

Yep and some twisty stuff around wakefield park :thumb:

Offline blue67

• Stallion
Might be a wet trip!
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2012, 08:39:59 pm »
As a first time Nationals participant I have to say it was a great day. The drive up on Sunday was half the reason to go, driving along as part of a group of Mustangs is lots of fun. Even though my Stang is by no means a show pony when you get up close I still had many passer's by comment on it and I was talking to a couple of people about Mustangs as I was getting ready to leave, just answering a couple of questions they had about my mustang or mustangs in general.

Offline stormin

• Blue Printed
Might be a wet trip!
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2012, 12:30:49 pm »
Further to what I wrote before.At the 2 function nights we were seated with a couple we knew and the rest we didn't. Everyone got along great and chatted about our cars and things in general.
It wasn't until the presentation was being done that we realized we had both a gold and a silver concours winner sitting with us.
When I joined the club many moons ago I was made very welcome and found the best way to get to know a lot more people was to offer assistance as a helper. Even if its only parking cars,it's a great way to meet people and the help is always appreciated.
Stormin