flo"RIDA" 65 A code mustang ute

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: flo"RIDA" 65 A code mustang ute  (Read 24036 times)

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2011, 01:00:14 pm »
Just thought Id share the fire up of the injected 5.

This was the second attempt as the first I forgot to wire up the fuel pump

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE20U1p-y4s

I think I like the two names suggested so far and have chosen to combine the two

......     kangaRute

Says everything ozzie (I think)

Got the front glass in today, polished all the chrome and got the front seats fabbed up to fit perfectly into the cut down seat pans (50mm lowered)

Ran all the NOS lines and stereo cables and laid in the carpet...Ute looks tuff as now

Radiator arrived today (same as Hybrids) with dual thermos, sequential LED tail lights and white face guages. Gonna spend all weekend on the car so Hopefully be close to complete by then

Matt

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2011, 01:51:51 pm »
Sounds real purdy!:thumb:
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2011, 11:19:02 am »
what a day

Im tottaly stuffed. Spent all night throwing the ute together just so it looks like a car for the car show today.

Left the camera at home and was absolutley nackered to walk around doing videos.

At the end of the day, I grabbed this quick video of that last fastback that went out on florida Finds and the ute together

Heres a quick video I did.

The ute's not finished...but its getting there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHU_koFcXRM

Offline EXHAUSTED

• Blue Printed
  • Nearly retired
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2011, 01:04:27 am »
Looking good!!!   Is that '34 Ford ute still available?

Offline gt350 coupe clone

• Worked
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2011, 07:43:44 am »
That is awesome !

Looks stock great job
Can't wait to get it finished and enjoy it ! They need to have overhaulin here in Aus!!

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2011, 11:28:52 pm »
Allthough Ive posted a video of the car assembled (that’s a loose word) I thought I would throw up a few pics of the build process while I have access to John’s photobucket as mine is full (thanks mate).

Sheri washed down the seats I had sitting in storage ready to go in the car. I ended up cutting the seat pans down 50mm the whole way. Seats fit in the perfect. I also had a problem with the clutch pedal so I had to rectify that. For those that have ever wondered how to get that clutch spring stretched so you can fit it back in there without loosing a testicle…well hopefully the picture will speak a thousand words

Heres that pic

TIP: put one end in the vice (extremely tight) then bend the spring over to one side opening up the spring. Slide a washer in the first opening. Then bend it the other way and slide a washer on the opposite side. Continue until you have gone a fair way up. This stretches the spring enogh to get it back on (while in the car). Then hit it with a hammer and the washer will fall out and take up the tension.

Getting the back window shape I mearly test fitted the window rubber and pushed it in tight…..grabbed a piece of card board…traced the opening with some help from Sheri….then, you tape two standard pencils together and copy the line you have traced adding on that extra that you need to go into the gasket. This precisely the amount you need. That’s a tip I learnt when I was a glassy at 16.

Got board last night and decided I would fit the side window custom glass/perspex. Used a heat gun, a soft towel and two pieces of wood. Sheri had to help me with this one. Same colour as the back window. Just need to tint the front corner vents to match now. Didn’t go all out like I did with Johns 68 and paint the indide of the doors with Rhino liner but would of liked to. Installed the new coner vent windows and rubbers….looks awesome now.

The ute is KILLER

And finally
My personal touch to the ute
Had them made when I was getting the Superoo stickers made
There not on yet…get em done today.
What do you think of my rear window sticker?

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2011, 10:29:27 pm »
2 days before the turkey run the car has been stripped back down and is being repainted at the last minute. It is now a darker candy red (one that I wanted in the first place)

Next 2 days are going to be HELL.

Thanksgiving on Thursday and I will be working all of it putting the car back together.

Ford magazine are doing a photo shoot of the car after seeing it at the ponys under the palms car show this last weekend. Photographer allready has photos of it but wants to do a photo shoot on Daytona beach on saturday at the turkey rod run

If I can get the paint the way "I" want it...the car ticks every box for me. It was its only let down...sorry Im FN fussy

Next 2 days we will know

Matt

Offline gt350 coupe clone

• Worked
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2011, 05:31:13 pm »
Love it this is awesome!

What was the matting on the floor that you used ?

Was it Dynamat ?
Can't wait to get it finished and enjoy it ! They need to have overhaulin here in Aus!!

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2011, 07:33:55 pm »
Quote from: gt350 coupe clone link=topic=14523.msg163867#msg163867
Love it this is awesome!

What was the matting on the floor that you used ?

Was it Dynamat ?

Similar to Dyna"ME"....had a little of Johns left over on the passenger floor but the rest is a no name brand that is identical

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2011, 01:42:53 am »

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2011, 01:43:20 am »
A quick sneak peak at yesterdays photo shoot in St Augustine FL.

The car is a different colour now (more of what I wanted) Had an extremely hectic day yesterday. Thermo fan came off and hit the serpantine belt...headlight switch seazed up...exhaust popped off its clamp...wiper blade spring just sprung off for no reason (dam tiawanese shi7)... gearbox shi7 itself just after the photo of Sheri and myself was taken... but worth every photo.

Its the joy of building cars and pulling 18 days before the rod run.

Heading off to the turkey rod run again today. Will get some pics. Cant believe how many cars are for sale. Would easily be a 1000 plus cars up for grabs...nice ones too

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2011, 11:55:26 am »
Thats a nice job MAtt....

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2011, 12:34:21 am »
Allthough it attended the ponys under the palms car show on sunday prior, then stripped down on Wednesday for a respray on Thursday and built by Friday.....something had to give (or get overlooked in this case)

Thought it was the thrust bearing on the clutch fork making the squeeling noise as it was on its way out....this was not the case

In the mad rush and to many 18 hour days, the Fatkid forgot to use a product called Mercon 5...about 4 quarts of the product to be precise

Mercon 5 is gearbox oil for the 5 speed gearboxes

(for those running 90 weight for 4 speed boxes in there 5 speeds, that is the reason your grinding gears)

Tottaly FRIED a perfectly good 5 speed.....I really mean FRIED IT

You get that on the big jobs.

Found a guy in Hudson Florida that sells fully rebuilt ones for $500 or $600 if you dont have a core (spare gearbox) So John (Thirsty390)...yes I can find you a gearbox if your still looking

I have T'd it up with one of the guys from the mustang club, that this weekend it may get Chip foose's sigi on it as he is here in Florida for a big car show (one that Ive never heard of)..only if he thinks it up to standard :)

Everyone has allways asked..."are you ever going to keep one".....well, this is the one!....had 2 offers for the car at the Turkey rod run and I was very surprised at the offers.....one more than the other
(that was as it stood...unfinished)

Even though it looks the goods in the pics there is a list a mile long that I need to do that cant be seen that needs to be completed...the little things.

Firewall brakes lines need to be suspended correctly
Side windows remade
head lights
sequential LED brake lights fitted (and working)
handbrake
traction bars set
heater box connected
stereo wired up
front seat extensions fabbed up
rear bumper set
washer bottle connected
new dip switch
indicators
rear window fitted correctly (seal)
Flip fuel cap (71 Mach1) in bed fitted correctly
Radiator fitted correctly (not tied in with speaker wire) :)
Battery clamp
window bump stops in doors
Edelbrock internal controler mounted in the cabin
ECU mounted correctly (not stuffed under dash)
Clearcoat re-sanded and polished again
rear bumper adjusted
front bumper side brackets fitted
rear parcel tray area fabbed up (MDF and carpet Im guessing)
rear brake lights set in position evenly
GT valance covers for exhaust holes made up (black mesh)
New T5 and lotsa Mercon 5  :)
Title and registration is also a plus at this stage
Rewire ignition module that fried the weekend before when the coil wire hit the exhaust (easy fix)

So theres still a bucket load of things left to be 100% but in order to get it done with the time frame I had to get it to the photo shoot.... I can let it slide that I used speaker wire to hold the radiator in place so I could focus on more relevant things

There is also a few things that I would of liked to do to the ute that I did to Johns 68 Vert like blast all the internals of the door locks, rods, mechanisms, and paint the internal of the door with Rhino liner. The diff could come out again and rebuild the brakes. I wouldnt mind knowing that the engine has been rebuilt either but its an extremely strong 347, doesnt blow smoke and with the 1.7 cam, roller rockers, and edelbrock fuel injection...it is an extremely responsive little beasty

Offline Ash

• Supercharged
  • Name: Max Power
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2011, 09:38:16 am »
Quote from: Shermatt link=topic=14523.msg164449#msg164449

Everyone has allways asked..."are you ever going to keep one".....well, this is the one!

We've all said that several times before :smile01:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1965-66-Mustang-Fastback-Pick-up-/280787213935?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item416038de6f

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Kernel Sanders

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2011, 01:25:59 am »
Whats the deal with getting a 65 ute registered with a 347/Edelbrock fuel injection/Recaro seats/18 inch wheels/racing fuel cell and pumps and a 5 speed in Melbourne?

Matt

Quote from: Macka link=topic=14026.msg165582#msg165582
For full rego, proof of ownership, Import approval, RWC and an engineers certificate etc for the body, wheels and drive line mods.  

Well, the title is in my name, I have the import approval....engineer's cartificate...hmmmm

As for driveline, the injection is about the only mod with the 5 speed. Wheels can come off and so can the seats

What would you need to do for the engineer?

Matt

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2011, 09:48:15 pm »

As for my List of whats left to do...the highlighted ones are all I have done

New T5 and lotsa Mercon 5
Title and registration is also a plus at this stage
Rewire ignition module that fried the weekend before when the coil wire hit the exhaust (easy fix)

Firewall brakes lines need to be suspended correctly
Side windows remade
head lights
sequential LED brake lights fitted (and working)
handbrake
traction bars set
heater box connected
stereo wired up
front seat extensions fabbed up
rear bumper set
washer bottle connected
New dip switch
indicators
rear window fitted correctly (seal)
Flip fuel cap (71 Mach1) in bed fitted correctly
Radiator fitted correctly (not tied in with speaker wire)
Battery clamp
window bump stops in doors
Edelbrock internal controler mounted in the cabin
ECU mounted correctly (not stuffed under dash)
Clearcoat re-sanded and polished again
rear bumper adjusted
front bumper side brackets fitted
rear parcel tray area fabbed up (MDF and carpet Im guessing)
rear brake lights set in position evenly
GT valance covers for exhaust holes made up (black mesh)

a friend took this short video last weekend but its all squashed up

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuWSsOw-ziE&list=UU1S4rXXadEqrOqeFiCHJveQ&index=1&feature=plcp[/youtube]