FOUR EYED PRIDE

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: FOUR EYED PRIDE  (Read 7249 times)

Offline Big Rev Nev

• L Plates
FOUR EYED PRIDE
« on: November 15, 2011, 10:39:33 pm »
Hi,
    I'm new to the forum, have a Fox body Mustang and would like to know where I can get parts in Melbourne.  Is ther anyone out there with parts or contacts?
Thanks,
    Nev.

Offline MustangGeoff

• Pony
    • Bundoora, Melbourne
FOUR EYED PRIDE
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 03:45:35 pm »
Hi Nev,
            I have an 84 1/2 Targa Top 20th Anniv. FB and I'll be at the meeting tonight. We also have David with a, 85 Coupe and Dennis with an 86 Convertible. The best value for small parts seems to be Fox Mustang Resto.  email:parts@foxmustangresto.com who are in the US. For big or heavy items check with Graham Folwell of the Club, who's son has or had an 83 SVO.
I have only had to get non metric wheels to get onto non metric tyres, a new distributor and also the main ignition module unit; and had no problems. Also a fair bit of stuff appears on e-bay.

Cheers. Geoff Grace

Offline MustangGeoff

• Pony
    • Bundoora, Melbourne
FOUR EYED PRIDE
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 03:55:37 pm »
Also I forgot to mention that coming home Saturday night, came across a red 85 coupe on Ring Road. Pulled up and we had a chat.  That chap named Wayne lives in Watsonia, I am in Bundoora, Davids in Mill Park and Dennis in Greensborough. So you make 5 !!!   Now we know that the real "collectibles" are these Fox Bodies. Forget about the 60's - 70's "show ponies". We have the real deal as Fox Platform weighs nothing and biggest problem is keeping the back wheels from breaking traction on acceleration.
So a suitable day will be organised for a Fox Mustang Group photo shoot and BBQ at my place in early 2012. Hope you can make it Nev.

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
FOUR EYED PRIDE
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 06:53:50 pm »
:welcome:

Offline Big Rev Nev

• L Plates
FOUR EYED PRIDE
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 08:47:03 pm »
Thanks guys, what a great welcome.

Thanks for the links for parts, I'll check them out.

Here is a picture of my car

http://www.vhrr.com/photos/Historic-Sandown-2008-Peter-Ellenbogen-1/Sandown%202008%20Peter%20Ellenbogen%201/target50.html

It only been driven on Saturdays and Sundays...just a few weekends a year!

It started life as a private import by Lawrie Nelson with Ford Aust. assistance in mid 1984.  It was upgraded in 1985 to the newer front and then had a wide number of homologated options until it finished racing in the ATCC in 1992...just a bit of its history.

Spec is: Windsor 4A block 302, SVO alloy heads, Hollinger Getrag 5 speed, full floating 9" with Hollinger alloy centre, centre lock 16 x 10 Simmons, 4 pot AP calipers, coil over Bilsteins and other mods....

Regards,
 Nev.

Offline Ausfox

• Worked
FOUR EYED PRIDE
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 09:41:08 pm »
Welcome,
Great to see the Fox Body community growing.

Have two 79 Pace Cars and a 1988 Convertible.

(Photobucket link below)

For the early cars here is a link to the Four Eyed Pride Forum, which is a mine of information on pre 87 cars.

http://www.foureyedpride.com/joom/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=6

Late Model Restoration Supply is a good source of parts and National Parts Depot has just released their Fox Body catalogue which they will gladly send you free of charge.

17 SEPT 1964 FASTBACK
1966 Turbo 6Cyl Coupe
1979 INDY PACE CAR

http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg310/427gge/Mustang%20Pacecar/

Offline caretaker65

• Worked
FOUR EYED PRIDE
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 09:49:54 pm »
MustangGeoff...

Go easy on the 60-70's "Show Ponies"...:rol:

Welcome aboard Big Rev Kev..

I think MG might be bias slightly...:smile01:

Cheers..:burnout:

Offline Big Rev Nev

• L Plates
FOUR EYED PRIDE
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 09:55:51 pm »
Great photos, thanks for the warm welcome...

Offline MustangGeoff

• Pony
    • Bundoora, Melbourne
FOUR EYED PRIDE
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2011, 09:48:26 am »
 You are absolutely correct Caretaker65; I just couldnt help myself ! I LOVE the Fox Style and also the compact low weight distribution and 4 coil suspension, quad shocks etc.. They dont look anywhere as good as the classics but I have never had looks on my side anyway !

I hope we get a few FB's at the Manhattan on Sunday. its going to be a good day

(Why arent any of these emoticons wearing a HAT ?)  :cool:

Offline USCAPRI

• P Plates
FOUR EYED PRIDE
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2011, 11:57:09 pm »
Nev, Ausfox is right in that the www.foureyedpride.com website is a great source of info and forum activity.

Also, here's the National Parts Depot in the US website http://shop.autocraftinvestments.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=2457&pg=1

and, Late Model Restoration's at http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/Mustang

and finally, e-bay in the US can  be a good source of selected parts.

Postage is the big killer with all US purchases.

Myself, I'd like to compare my Fox-bodied '81 Mercury Capri with all you guys and your Mustangs. I know of only 3 Fox-bodied Capri's in Australia!

Cheers, Terry
Current rides:
1981 Mercury Capri, 200cid/C4
1971 Ford Capri GT/V6, 4-speed