Registering a '67 for the road in Brisbane

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Registering a '67 for the road in Brisbane  (Read 6269 times)

Offline 67FBGT

• Blue Printed
  • Car: 1967
« on: June 20, 2007, 12:45:54 pm »
Hi there, have just landed my '67 fastback which I have shipped over from NZ. It was registered & on the road in NZ  (LHD form) for a year or so after restoration, before I decided to relocate to Brisbane. Am now applying to join the Qld club, & also will need someone to do the safety inspection (is that the 'compliance'?) so I can get it registered (probably Special Interest). Any leads for someone suitable, northside preferred but not essential, would be a big help, as would any other advice. Reading through previous messages indicates to me that this 'compliance' thing varies depending on which engineer does the checks, which is a bit worrying.
Thanks & regards, John

Offline Andrew07

• Stallion
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 07:46:54 am »
Hello John

How did you go with this as I have to do the same thing in Brisbane with my '65 Mustang?

Any recommendations?

Cheers

Andrew

Offline fatso1

• Worked
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 08:54:21 pm »
Hey Guys,

You have to get and Lo2 cert which complies it for lhd. This consists of changing headlights seatbelts front and rear and child restraints.

I contacted Qld Transport and they gave me a list of local people doing te complainces costs about $1100 all up if you get all the above done.

Then you get  a RWC done and get it registered and away you go.

Goodluck.

Offline nzmuzzy

• L Plates
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 08:48:44 am »
Hi guys,

What did it roughly cost to bring your mustangs over from nz, im thinking of shipping mine from auckland to brisbane, just wanting to know the figures, thanks.