long term garage queens

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: long term garage queens  (Read 1843 times)

Offline Ash

• Supercharged
  • Name: Max Power
long term garage queens
« on: October 16, 2011, 03:03:29 pm »
What do you guys with long term garage queens do with your cars sitting for so long in regards to tyres? Do you lift them off the ground or rotate them every so often?

My car has been sitting basically since May and my shed has flooded a few times. I anticipate the car to sit for some time yet and my shed has flooded twice in this time so far. I was already worried about developing flat spots but I've just removed the wheels and there is signs of mould on the tyres. I know the previous water would not have helped this but the shed was dry several days after each time it flooded.

What do you guys do to prevent any of this? I know I'm not the only one with our toys sitting still for a long time.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Kernel Sanders

Offline ponyride

• Blue Printed
long term garage queens
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 03:07:32 pm »
Ash I'd also be concerned about the onset of rust (not just in the body) in a damp environment. I'd lubricate everything underneath well to help prevent it.
Rick

Offline Ash

• Supercharged
  • Name: Max Power
long term garage queens
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 03:14:46 pm »
That sure has crossed my mind as well, ponyride. That's why I'm jacking it up to take the wheels off and put it on stands for a little while while it has some work done to it.

Luckily I live in a rural town, a fair distance from the ocean which helps a little bit to prevent it.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Kernel Sanders