campbellfield

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: campbellfield  (Read 13351 times)

Offline lastfairlane

• Pony
Thanks Pony
Thats one worry off my mind
the legality side of the import
a bit different to T code in my car is already RHD
the seller told me he used an XB fire wall
and it looks good I cant see where its been welded in
I also asked about an engineers certificate
he said it would have to go to Ballarat to be signed off
but couldnt be done for a month as they are too busy
anyway iwas told the Vic certificate isnt recognised in QLD
so that part of it doesnt really matter
as far as I know it hasnt been registered in Vic
or anywhere else in Australia
as it came wearing California plates
also he had two other Mustangs for sale when I bought mine
one registered in Vic and one with no rego like mine
I wonder if the paperwork went with the more expensive one
any help much appreciated I love the car its a 72 convertible only a six but what a stylish car
thanks John
PS sorry for hijacking your thread Tcode but wasnt sure where to start:cry:

Offline lastfairlane

• Pony
Thanks again Pony
A bit more info
all I have for docs is a hand written reciept
no emails at all with or without reference to import papers
I bought the car privately but it was advertised on Ebay
but it was listed in his other items for sale
he didnt want me to give any feedback for it
sold outside ebay I guess
John:drink:

Offline ponyride

• Blue Printed
At a guess, because these bozos have been bringing in multiple cars on one VIA, I'd say they've stuffed up and given the original to someone who boughty a car, now can't give out copies or just didn't care enough to make copies. If that's the case then don't waste any more time waiting for them, just try to get some sense from the Dep't. of Infrastructure and Transport.

http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/vehicle_regulation/bulletin/importing_vehicles/general/contacts.aspx
(same contact details as posted above).  
Rick

Offline mark678

• Thoroughbred
Ok here is how it all works, when the car is granted the approval, dotors then give all transport departments the details so that when you go to register your car it is already in the system, ( I once went to rego a trailer very soon after it arrived and dotars had no done it so had to wait a day for it to be done) You can put as many cars bikes or whatever on just one $50 approval so the importer often gets $50 off everyone, but as for not handing over a copy is beyond me as you only need a copy and it does not matter whos name is on it, have sold many cars with my name on the import and no one has had any problem getting car regoed, You can only assume they have lost it and can't  be bothered chasing a copy, remember you only need a copy..fax or emailed even.... so whatever the reason for not giving a copy sounds like you are being handed a lot of BS for no particular reason.......good luck

Offline Brett_T

• Worked
mark 678... i have personnally imported several "unique" cars and have gone to register them and they are not in the system.. they have had to create them  If there is a car the same - i.e 1966 Mustang coupe LHD in the system they can use this to register off...  Recently i went to QLD Transport to register a pickup i imported personally ( and only took a photocopy of the import approval) and i got turned away.  Just my experience..  Maybe different state to state....   It is frustrating either way...

Offline lastfairlane

• Pony
Hi guys and thanks again
I spoke to an engineer about the lack of import papers
he said ring the dept of infrastructure with the VIN and ask for
details of the paperwork
he said they will not give you them for privacy reasons
so I should ask for a copy of their import papers that the car was brought in under and ask them to email me a copy
then print it out and thats my papers for rego
will ring them on Monday
he also said like pony said the govt will not repo my car
but will refuse papers if it was imported under parts/racecar rules if thats the case i am stuck with it
John:violin:

Offline 68pony

• Worked
Quote from: lastfairlane link=topic=15899.msg160459#msg160459
Hi guys and thanks again
I spoke to an engineer about the lack of import papers
he said ring the dept of infrastructure with the VIN and ask for
details of the paperwork
he said they will not give you them for privacy reasons
so I should ask for a copy of their import papers that the car was brought in under and ask them to email me a copy
then print it out and thats my papers for rego
will ring them on Monday
he also said like pony said the govt will not repo my car
but will refuse papers if it was imported under parts/racecar rules if thats the case i am stuck with it
John:violin:

I suppose its all done now but really i would not have handed over the cash without getting the approval regardless of the excuse he came up with, and i'm not having a go but these days you can't trust anyone, i hope in your case it can be registed but i know a mate of mine who is bringing a car in for race purpose only and can never be registed so i suppose he could do the same in theory.

Offline 68pony

• Worked
Quote from: Brett_T link=topic=15899.msg160445#msg160445
mark 678... i have personnally imported several "unique" cars and have gone to register them and they are not in the system.. they have had to create them  If there is a car the same - i.e 1966 Mustang coupe LHD in the system they can use this to register off...  Recently i went to QLD Transport to register a pickup i imported personally ( and only took a photocopy of the import approval) and i got turned away.  Just my experience..  Maybe different state to state....   It is frustrating either way...

Same here rta had no record in the system for our 55, it could also depend who is behind the counter when it comes to what they will except when registering.

Offline lastfairlane

• Pony
Hi all

Just a quick one
RE Race car/parts car
mine is a six cylinder so why would you bother
also its a convertible
they would have to put a roof on it
now I come to think of it it might be easier to put in a roll cage
and the motor is irrelevant as they would use their race motor
the body is straight as and no rust
now I feel worse

I guess any thing is possible

Brett t which QT office did you go to
as I had oroblems regoing a V8 NC Fairlaine on gas
they refused my aplication without an engine No to show them  
but I had the previous rego papers but they didnt/wouldnt recognise them like you I was turned away
the next day I went again and it went straight through
it depends on who you talk to this was at Woodridge
John

Offline mark678

• Thoroughbred
i guess it could differ from state to state, i was assuming  dotars gave the rta etc the vin # of the vehicle approved for import, never had any other problems here in NSW, other than the time it was not on rta records, even engine #'s ...stamp your own even before you get blue slip i usually just use last six numbers of the vin.... kinda makes it look like a matching # car...hope it all works out for you in the end