Bay to Birdwood

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Bay to Birdwood  (Read 3179 times)

Offline rocket

• Please visit our new Website
  • Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
Bay to Birdwood
« on: September 25, 2011, 08:42:19 pm »

Today we had an absolute blast. Our very first Bay to Birdwood.

Arriving at the Bay about 7AM we were amazed at the amount of Classic Cars participating in the event. Found out there were 1,800 cars in total.

After waiting for what seemed an eternity, we finally drove over the start line for the trip to Birdwood. It was bumper to bumper traffic through the suburbs, but we soon got into the spirit of things exchanging waves with the many spectators along the route.

Once past Tea Tree Gully it was smooth flowing traffic all the way to Birdwood. The organisers had the venue well arranged with quick and easy access to parking. Set up our picnics and then enjoyed the smogasboard of cars. Every make and model was represented, even saw a Morris Marina.

Here are a few photos -

Was the first decent drive we have been able to do so far in the Grande. It has whetted our appetite for more!
Looking forward to the drive to Melbourne in October.

Anybody else on the Forum go on the Bay to Birdwood? There were certainly a lot of Mustangs there.

Rocket.
Check out our new Website

http://www.imageclassiccars.com.au/

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
Bay to Birdwood
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 09:14:59 pm »
October isn't far away Rocket.
Love to catch up then!:thumb:
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
Bay to Birdwood
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 09:45:25 pm »
I had to go to the airport first thing this morning to pick up a visitor but saw a lot of cars as I travelled back home. When I got home I got the vert out and drove it up to  the tea tree gully hotel to watch the cars go by before returning home. It's a shame we have to wait two years.

Offline caretaker65

• Worked
Bay to Birdwood
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 11:45:05 pm »
Rocket

Looks like a terrific day..

What's your plans for Oct, you guy's coming over couple days earlier and staying local to venue or cruise in on the day?

Let me know if you wish as I will be organising a meeting point for the locals of our area to pickup the guy's from Lara, Geelong & Torquay etc so if your staying around the city side, it would be terrific to hook up & cruise in to the venue.

Cheers, Geoff

Offline rocket

• Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
Bay to Birdwood
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 05:32:58 pm »
Quote from: IGALOP link=topic=15856.msg158708#msg158708
October isn't far away Rocket.
Love to catch up then!:thumb:

Hi Johnno, Will certainly catch up and have a chat and a beer or ten.:cheers:

Been waiting a long time to meet up with all of you in Melbourne. Looking forward to it.

Rocket.

Offline rocket

• Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
Bay to Birdwood
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 05:37:30 pm »
Quote from: mwizz link=topic=15856.msg158712#msg158712
I had to go to the airport first thing this morning to pick up a visitor but saw a lot of cars as I travelled back home. When I got home I got the vert out and drove it up to  the tea tree gully hotel to watch the cars go by before returning home. It's a shame we have to wait two years.

Hi Mark, There was quite a large crowd outside the Tea Tree Gully Pub.

The two year wait till the next Bay to Birdwood will go quickly. Hope you come along next time. It is a great experience driving along in a Mustang Convoy.

I guess you would have stayed well clear of North East Road driving back from the airport. Took ages to get to Tea Tree Gully.

Rocket.

Offline rocket

• Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
Bay to Birdwood
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 05:47:26 pm »
Quote from: caretaker65 link=topic=15856.msg158720#msg158720
Rocket

Looks like a terrific day..

What's your plans for Oct, you guy's coming over couple days earlier and staying local to venue or cruise in on the day?

Let me know if you wish as I will be organising a meeting point for the locals of our area to pickup the guy's from Lara, Geelong & Torquay etc so if your staying around the city side, it would be terrific to hook up & cruise in to the venue.

Cheers, Geoff

Hi Geoff, I think we are driving over on the Friday and staying around St Kilda somewhere. I am told there will be about a dozen cars in our convoy.

Would be great to join in your cruise, but not sure which day you mean. If it is Sunday, i will need to check with Jeremy and find out what our planned movements are.

But certainly want to catch up with you guys. Maybe even on the Saturday.:drink::drink::drink::drink:

Go the Pies!!!!!!!!!!!:yellowpepper:

Rocket.

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
Bay to Birdwood
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 08:54:26 pm »
Quote from: rocket link=topic=15856.msg158765#msg158765
Quote from: mwizz link=topic=15856.msg158712#msg158712

Hi Mark, There was quite a large crowd outside the Tea Tree Gully Pub.

The two year wait till the next Bay to Birdwood will go quickly. Hope you come along next time. It is a great experience driving along in a Mustang Convoy.

I guess you would have stayed well clear of North East Road driving back from the airport. Took ages to get to Tea Tree Gully.

Rocket.

On the contrary I took the route along Dequetteville Tce and North East Road on purpose. I loved following all the classics up north east road until I could turn off for home and got mine out. What a great crowd.