Would You Get Offended?

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Would You Get Offended?  (Read 2663 times)

Offline johnny_b

• Worked
Would You Get Offended?
« on: September 08, 2011, 08:07:52 pm »
Had some young SUIT in his Aldi/ Veedub whatever... call me a " Cashed Up Bogan " while I was in my Mustang waiting at the traffic lights. Well, the cashed up part was right and his blonde plastic Barbie girlfriend gave me a smile. Ummm what was my question again....:rol:
Real AUSSIES use a Knife and Fork.

Offline Envy 68

• Worked
Would You Get Offended?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 08:15:07 pm »
There will always be those who are full of there own importance. Sometimes just a smile is enough....:smile01:
SALUTE!!  To those who have given their lives doing their job.

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
Would You Get Offended?
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 10:18:01 pm »
or look at his girlfriend, smile then tell him he's punching above his weight

Offline Moz

• Blue Printed
Would You Get Offended?
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 10:25:51 pm »
He was only jealous because you own your car and he had to lease his so he had something to put in the garage of his rented apartment or what would the neighbours think,
and he probably doesn't own anything just like the bimbo that was sitting next to him.
Lets not forget the Clint Eastwood famous saying

Your a legend in your own mind :smile01:

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Would You Get Offended?
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 10:36:46 pm »
Quote from: Moz link=topic=15657.msg157011#msg157011

:smile01:

I thought you were going to say, "Scrap the VW Clyde"    

Not the Caddi

Offline Camaro91

• Worked
  • MOCA NSW member 302 ... since 2001
Would You Get Offended?
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 10:46:35 pm »
I was driving the convertible one day when a young fella (school age mentality)  leaned out of the rear side window of a bus I was passing and yelled "F*** Off ya *rick" ... I put it down to jealousy and smiled as I planted the foot.

Two days ago, had another young fella tail me through the suburb until we were stopped at lights on Windsor Road.  I looked across to see him grinning like a Chesshire cat raising the thumb and obviously thinking very complimentary  thoughts.  I put it down to a wise head on young shoulders.

I have had many a young lady photographed with the cars and their boyfriends could be seen thinking what a lucky fella I am ... aren't we all?

Offline Moz

• Blue Printed
Would You Get Offended?
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 10:53:14 pm »
Another Clint Easwood Quote that would suit

Listen, punk. To me you're nothin' but dogshit, you understand? And a lot of things can happen to dogshit. It can be scraped up with a shovel off the ground. It can dry up and blow away in the wind. Or it can be stepped on and squashed. So take my advice and be careful where the dog shits ya!
Clint Eastwood
Sudden Impact

Offline Ash

• Supercharged
  • Name: Max Power
Would You Get Offended?
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 07:05:08 am »
I'm quite deaf and would have no chance at hearing what some one would have said to me from that far away over all the other car/street noises. Sometimes not being able to hear has its benefits, you can block out all the dumbarses in the world.

Plus if his girl was smiling, probably wouldn't even notice the guy there.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Kernel Sanders

Offline TheDarkStang

• Thoroughbred
Would You Get Offended?
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 07:19:10 am »
Quote from: Macka link=topic=15657.msg157013#msg157013
Quote from: Moz link=topic=15657.msg157011#msg157011

:smile01:

I thought you were going to say, "Scrap the VW Clyde"    

Not the Caddi

I thought he was going to say " Get off my lawn! "
Cheers ,
Mark

Offline GT350H

• Worked
Would You Get Offended?
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 07:23:32 am »
Is the word Bogan considered offensive or derogatory?
AKA Emberglo-66

Offline Envy 68

• Worked
Would You Get Offended?
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 09:36:02 am »
Quote from: GT350H link=topic=15657.msg157045#msg157045
Is the word Bogan considered offensive or derogatory?

I guess it depends if the person you say it to gets offended or not.
SALUTE!!  To those who have given their lives doing their job.

Offline boss69hogg

• Blue Printed
  • Name: David
Would You Get Offended?
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 07:30:31 pm »
Jealousy's a bitch.

Have to admit I have only ever had compliments, thumbs up and people asking to take pictures - of all ages.

Think maybe he was the bogan.
IMG

Offline Devo-Hoon

• Pony
Would You Get Offended?
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 10:07:48 pm »
First week of driving mine (and that was only just over a month ago - so this was a surprising initiation) and  a middle aged tonk in a silver 3 series beemer drives past me and does the 'pinky finger waggle'at me. :shrug:

I was actually stunned - minding my own business at 35mph and braking as I approached a suspect intersection 'just in case' ie. driving cautiously. Had I been hooning I'd cop it, but those days are over and I treasure my car way too much to abuse it to the level of activating approbrium in a fellow motorist.

I put it down to deep seated and unconscious penis infatuation on the beemer drivers behalf. Maybe his latent conspicuous consumerism had been outdone by an audacious gleaming black Pony....:therethere:

I always give someone with a great car - whatever marque - the thumbs up, it's great to see them on the road.

Offline Sprint72

• Worked
  • Name: Brett
Would You Get Offended?
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2011, 11:41:52 pm »
I've never heard any bad comments.

On my very first drive around town a young bloke on the footpath stopped dead in his tracks, knelt down on one knee and gave the car three totally exaggerated "I am not worthy" bows!

Multiple times I've had people pace in front of me on the two lane Calder with video cameras pointed at the car. Two weeks ago coming back from the Marong car show a P plate car full of young girls turned the intersection in front of me with the driver leaning out of the window and yelling out at the top of her voice "your car is f#####g hot". Another time "sex on wheels" came from a girl on the footpath (pretty sure she wasn't meaning me :cry:)

Frequently find people standing around and gawking at it when it's parked down the street - kinda cool and embarrassing at the same time when you have to hop in and drive off in front of a live audience.

The oddest comment came from the taxi driver who dropped me off at the car when I got my new windscreen a few weeks ago - he said "Hey, I've seen that car around; I thought it was a DeLorean".

Also it's hilarious to see the reaction that some small kids give to the car with their enthusiasm not as restrained as an adults is.

Not a bad public response at all for one of the "fatty" Mustangs!

Offline shelbyright

• Thoroughbred
Would You Get Offended?
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 07:50:54 pm »
Audi ? VW? they look like pretty nice cars....do they make any versions for men?
There are only 2 times in life, today or too late!

Offline 67fasty.sm

• Worked
  • Name: shane
Would You Get Offended?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2011, 08:16:28 pm »
The only reason he said that was he had the shits cause Barbie liked you and your wheels more than his !
also you could use an Arnie line or two " your one ugly mother@uc%er" or " I'll be Back "
Its funny how quick kids learn to drive a car, yet fail to understand a lawnmower.

Offline gt350 coupe clone

• Worked
Would You Get Offended?
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2011, 09:06:11 pm »
I would have lost it but that is just me ! The fact he made a comment meant that he was looking at it ! There is a plus !

I am only 25 and will get my fair share when the car is finished when I was 21 I had a flame orange v2 monaro and I was always asked if dad knew I had it!

You can't please anyone but yourself and us :thumb: but he took enough notice of it to make a comment and to like like a big man in front of barbie he was a di%k about it next time just smoke him at the lights to the speed limit of course:smile02:
Can't wait to get it finished and enjoy it ! They need to have overhaulin here in Aus!!