Restomods in Aust

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Restomods in Aust  (Read 19692 times)

Offline dalex

• Worked
Restomods in Aust
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2011, 09:03:54 am »
Quote from: Gone65 link=topic=15646.msg156915#msg156915

The knockers that have commented on my car ........

I can see your car has quite a few knockers :yellowpepper:

Offline scedd1

• Worked
  • Name: Steve
  • Car: 68 Coupe - Frankenstang
Restomods in Aust
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2011, 10:54:17 am »
Quote from: tim_morrison82 link=topic=15646.msg156910#msg156910
If someone can help with a link to the thread, there is a red and black eleanor/cal special coupe clone that looks bloody fantastic on here somewhere. its a US members car, but i just can't remember the username.

A restoration to me is restoring a car to as new condition. Resto Mod to me is during that full blown restoration, someone went nuts with a body kit/custom panel work PLUS fancy paint job.

swapping an engine out would be modified, but the intentension may be because the old one was cactus, and may be done without the extra cash needed for the Bling factor.

i think clones are seperate again to resto mods. they aren't as they rolled out of the factory, but are built as close to factory specs as is possible on the budget allowed for.

Eleanor cars are not clones, they are resto mods...

I guess after all that, i would also consider a restomod is anything that requires 90% of parts sourced from non mustang original parts.

Both factory and restomod cars are very desirable to the right people, its just not too often the same people favour both.

Tim, Here ya go - http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/viewthread.php?tid=13077
You will normally find Craig on the US Stangfix forum - http://www.stangfix.com/testforum2/index.php?action=profile;u=72
Did you get your sticker yet?
Steve
.  ____________
./____________ \.
 ( ]]] _ _ O _ _ [[[ )
\_ o _ _____ _ o _/
 |___|            |___|

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
  • Car: 1965 Fastback
Restomods in Aust
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2011, 10:59:36 am »
Quote from: johnny_b link=topic=15646.msg156953#msg156953
I'm 26. Pretty good feeling to own your own house, Classic Mustang and a quality runaround aye!:thumb:

Ah...to be young and dealing drugs.

Oops, my mistake, your house is in QLD.

:lol:

s

Offline GT350H

• Worked
Restomods in Aust
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2011, 07:47:20 am »
Quote from: Moz link=topic=15646.msg156918#msg156918
guys at the end of the day it doesnt matter what you do, one thing I have learnt in the 50 years of walking on this planet is you will never please everybody. If they dont like it, jam them.
I have owned 36 cars in my lifetime so far and there was always a critic somewhere. I remember once when I bought one of my Porsches and a friend said to me how are you going to get people to fit in the back seat? I said to him do you think I buys cars to take people out? buy your own car.
Another time I bought a Merc. Roadster and another person said he didnt like it, so I said dont buy one then like I care.
At the end of the day who gives a sh#t what people think or we may as well all have the same houses wear the same clothes and never leave the house in case someone thinks we walk different.

Well said paisano
AKA Emberglo-66

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
Restomods in Aust
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2012, 07:14:42 pm »
I believe the big thing to ask is Does it improve my chances of getting out of there alive and keeping other people alive, while maintaining the lines we have all come to love. One of the first things I learnt to appreciate when I got my first Harley was the abiliyty to power out of a problem so I am swapping my straight 6 specification for a 302. I don't want to journey too far into the other side to see what's coming so I am converting to Right hand drive, Converting to RHD means for Rego I'll need to upgrade to Disc brakes so I'll do that. Apart form those changes I am rebuilding with new parts from the ground up. When you see me you'll know it's a 67 Vert. I'll know it's a 67 Vert. If an yone wants to pick on me for putting a 302 in a T Code, I'll ask them to show me their car. If something doesn't make me happy I would rather not have it. Any Mustang is a beatiful car and we must respect each other to drive in any manner we see fit. There is always a question of budget and personal taste.
1967 Mustang Convertible with fries and the works, hold the rust, no timber thank you, go easy on the Bondo and I'll have that in Right Hand Drive please.

Offline POORPIGI

• Stallion
Restomods in Aust
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2012, 12:46:07 pm »
Quote from: StephenSLR link=topic=15646.msg156907#msg156907
Quote from: gt350 coupe clone link=topic=15646.msg156904#msg156904

It is what it is but also a tribute to the mustang that I like the most I don't care that they dont like it cause I am the one driving it !

I guess it's in the vein of those who painted Ford XC Cobra stripes on to their white panel vans, utes, etc.

Not everyone's cup of tea but those driving it would prefer their car look more like a Ford Cobra than stock panel van, ute, etc.

s

Ford XC Cobra.. Ummmm.

My dad owned one # 149. Now that was a car and did it get up any boogie. Not sure why he wouldn't let me drive it much by myself..
I am just but a tea spoon in the cutlery of life.

68 Convertible.   Charlotte.

Offline Horselover

• Worked
Restomods in Aust
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2012, 09:47:24 pm »
I consider my 65 convertible to be a restomod.

It looks stock except for the 17"X7" Torque Thrust ll wheels.

It was a straight A code car with a 289V8 and C4 transmission with drum brakes when I bought it.  It had been painted red by the previous owner and had a white roof and black interior.

Now it is painted a custom red, has RRS suspension all round, 4 wheel discs, AOD, 302 crate motor with GT40 heads, 3.0:1 rear axle ratio, Edelbrock 750 carburettor, JME dash fitted with VDO electronic instruments and GT fog lights in the grille, custom extractors.

Interior is now white pony trim, red carpets, centre console, ZJ Fairlane steering column, Nissan 200SX delay wiper motor, 13" after market steering wheel. Pioneer 12 stacker with the head unit in the glovebox

It's not original, looks original to the untrained eye, but it's mine and I like it! :cool:

I've never had a complaint from any of the kids going to formals or brides going to their wedding in it or anyone else whose had a ride or a drive (very few of those). :thumb:

It's done 65000+ Kms since I restored it. :cool:

Gets driven lots.  :smile01:
Been to all but one Nationals since it was restored.  Even picked up a sponsors trophy at the last Adelaide Nationals. :smile01:

Cheers,
Warwick

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
  • Car: 1965 Fastback
Restomods in Aust
« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2012, 10:01:55 pm »
Quote from: Horselover link=topic=15646.msg172570#msg172570
I consider my 65 convertible to be a restomod.

:useless:

lol.

s

Offline Brumby1

• Thoroughbred
Restomods in Aust
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2012, 09:18:16 pm »
Proud owner of my avatar. It has 427 Roush motor, Tremec TKO 600 transmission,custom paint and reclining leather seats.. The majority of people who see it love it. I have one statement to detractors   "When you own it you can build it how you like".  Build your car the way you like it and if others dont like it that is their problem they can build their own. O I guess it is a restomod

Jack
What can I say that hasn't been said

Offline coops-001

• Thoroughbred
Restomods in Aust
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2012, 03:54:04 pm »
If you want to be straight down the line, does that mean if you fit radial tyres it then becomes a restomod, not in my opinion.
Ripping the old 289 putting in a fire breath create motor or an EFI engine and system on it,  now that becomes a restomod.....