New RTA rule for NSW on imported LHD cars

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: New RTA rule for NSW on imported LHD cars  (Read 15886 times)

Offline dead66

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2011, 12:23:26 pm »
 Soc123...I am having a problem putting photos on the bucket thing so you would like to see my old cars I could email the pictures to you... Ray

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2011, 08:40:54 pm »
Soc123@optusnet.com.au

Would be interested to have a look at your cars. You are missing the point of my posts judging by your responses, not to worry. You might get lucky with your next purchase.

What is it you have sitting in the shed?

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2011, 11:45:41 pm »
Quote from: dead66 link=topic=15630.msg156864#msg156864

You asked what cars I had, well we got a 1973 coupe from Florida and it looked great in the photos and no rust, wrong the floors where gone and some flat sheet metal cut out and glued in with sealer to cover the none areas, rust in the engine bay big time but loads of bog in the panels and guard skirts but the paint job was great, cost $8300 landed, sold off for what I could get back, next a 1971 coupe again from Melbourne, great paint job and still to be finished off but when it turned up every bit supplied was shot so would have to buy all over again $14000, sold off for what I could get back and broke even, 1965 convertible from California with great paint job and new trim and that was about it, some rust but easy fix job on that  and the brake cables not connected and tied on top of the diff but the reason they where not connected was because there was no brake levers on the rear shoes and other steering and engine problems but I have fixed most of them now, cost before repairs $13500 landed.
.... RG

RG,

I have read most of this and like Steve said, not trying to burst your bubble either. (I read further your on a budget) but for the prices your quoting for these cars LANDED, sound like "project cars" to start with.

I know its off topic and this is not a jab at the prices, but what were you expecting?

As for the RTA stuff, never heard of it. Atleast 7 people last week got their pony's on the road and I didnt hear of a mention of this

Hopefully its not the case

As for having 7 bays in your garage...your one lucky bugger  :rub:

Matt

Offline dead66

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2011, 04:27:43 pm »
Matt, its not 7 bays, except that I had to put in 3 pillars in across the length of the shed to take the snow loading it would have been a 14 car workshop with room to move around the vehicles and now it is 12 bay area, the council hit the roof when they saw the plans for a 400 square metre shed and I had to cut it back to 270 or put in Toilets, water supply, escape doors and fire fighting sprays as it was listed as commercial the way I planned for my private use.
As to the car we will have to wait and see on this one... Ray

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2011, 08:36:47 pm »
"12 bays"....Ummmm....<CENSORED> You!!

just kidding ray, thats awesome

12 should be enough...I think you'll get by

Wish I had a 12 bay garage at my house...Think Id be happy with even a 4 car

Matt

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
  • Car: 1965 Fastback
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2011, 08:06:32 pm »
Quote from: Bumblebee link=topic=15630.msg156866#msg156866
Very simple, there are good blue slip people and there are others.

I may have to see you one day about these 'good' blue slip people.

Quick question: How do they view restomods?

Let's say the car has a bigger engine, bigger brakes, wheels, etc. What problem$ would I run into?

s

Offline rp1966

• Worked
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2011, 10:12:15 pm »
Thank god I live in Victoria and don't have to put up with that NSW crap. Here you need a roadworthy and  the import approval and that's it. They check the vin and engine number and away you go. As for dead 66 you are better off buying down under or fly over and inspect the car before buying. These yanks have a habit of ripping the aussies off especially now that there economy is stuffed and they can't sell their cars to the locals because nobody has got any money. Good luck with your next purchase.
/Users/robertperic/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2007/06:01:2007/IMGP2690.JPG