Shipping price variations

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Shipping price variations  (Read 2553 times)

Offline P8TRIOT

• Worked
« on: August 14, 2011, 03:17:52 pm »
Just got a quote from CJ's to ship over a water pump bolt kit cost of bolts around the $24 mark and $37 for shipping,Shopped around and East Coast bolts shipping price $12.Not bagging CJ's i have used them before and are reliable,but hell,$37 just for shipping on a small package,come on.

Offline allenmr

• Stallion
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 09:04:58 pm »
The expensive price may be Priority Mail and the cheper one the slower service... I have a PO Box in Florida with International Parcel Services who get really good rates. Free to join, ive shipped loads of parts and its an excellent service. If you have the parcel size and weight you can get quotes online.

Offline P8TRIOT

• Worked
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 03:35:02 pm »
Your probably right on the priority post,i guess they should give you the option rather than lose a sale .But as for your way of shipping,how does that work,you order something then have it sent to your P.O Box and sent from there.Doesnt the P.O Box incur a fee as it does here?Or do you direct your supplier to send it as you specify?

Offline allenmr

• Stallion
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 08:42:50 pm »
If the supplier doesnt ship to Oz get them to send it to the POBox which is actually the IPS wharehouse. IPS receives your parcel and forwards directly to you. if the supplier ships to Oz you fill out their details on the IPS website and they email him the DHL or Fedex consignment paperwork, they attach it to the box, call fedex who will come and pick it up and ship to you. I shipped a power booster/ master cylinder and got it in 3 days. and still saved money on any aussie supplier. I even shipped a 2 1/2" stainless steel magnaflow exhaust system that was retailing ain Oz for $1100. I landed it air freight from the US for $700. Good Luck.

Offline P8TRIOT

• Worked
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 03:33:58 pm »
Thats invaluable info,thankyou.

Offline mark678

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 11:35:46 pm »