headlights

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: headlights  (Read 5273 times)

Offline Paul Clark

• Thoroughbred
headlights
« on: May 09, 2011, 09:34:35 am »
I am purchasing a 2001 Mustang Cobra, unfortunately it has the usual problem, foggy headlights, had the same problem with my last 1996 model. There are an abundance of these lights on Ebay (USA)   Are they compliant with Australian regulations and can they be bought and put straight in the car.

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
headlights
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 09:36:48 am »
Nup  !!
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline Bumblebee

• Blue Printed
headlights
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 09:49:58 am »
Quote from: parion1 link=topic=14413.msg146803#msg146803
I am purchasing a 2001 Mustang Cobra, unfortunately it has the usual problem, foggy headlights, had the same problem with my last 1996 model. There are an abundance of these lights on Ebay (USA)   Are they compliant with Australian regulations and can they be bought and put straight in the car.

Hi Paul,

Maybe ask Mustang Australia in Artarmon, or Mustang Motor sport in Melbourne.

Cheers and regards :hi:
Cheers Bee

Offline Paul Clark

• Thoroughbred
headlights
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 01:35:05 pm »
It's not condensation, seems the Aussie sun is too hard on the material the lights are made for and they take on a hazy look. Used cutting compound on them once, came up better but can't do it a second time.

Offline srh

• Thoroughbred
headlights
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 04:34:01 pm »
Hi Paul
Google "headlight polishing" and theres a heap of info
Mothers sell a kit for it
Good luck and post us some pics of the car

cheers
Steve

Offline JoeyJoe

• P Plates
headlights
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 08:24:50 am »
Agreed - The headlight polishing kits are a great alternative - and a lot cheaper! I got mine for about $20, it basically consists of wet and dry paper, a cutting compound, and a polishing paste. Worked really well, i was more than impressed, they came up like new.

Offline Paul Clark

• Thoroughbred
headlights
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 09:55:46 am »
Despite being told NUP, I went ahead and bought the headlights for the Cobra from the states, got them at a great price too, landed on my door step, $140.00 for the pair. On checking them against the old ones, they are identical except the new ones have smoked lenses. Fitted them yesterday and they work exactly as the old ones did, dip correctly. Made a great differance to the car also. Seems some things just work out for the best.

I had tried the polishing thing with some success but they still didn't look the best.