Webers

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Webers  (Read 4422 times)

Offline 428 Cobra Jet

• Stallion
Webers
« on: May 05, 2011, 08:34:40 pm »
Well guy's, I have a set of 48IDA webers on a 427 FE s/o, anyway after one two many tuning issues, decided to go fuel injection, i know restomod material, for the guy's at the nationals they would of seen the Black 70 427, a 1970 Mach 1 musclecar as they built them in 70. No restomod material, here.  

Well, Bla, bla to that, however I have installed injectors into the weber bodies, fuel rails are the Inglese fuel lines, and got to hide everything else, well almost.

To the few who will pick it, well Im not stressing, no more fould plugs, hi engine idle, running invariably rich - high fuel consumption (oh, who cares right) etc,

However I did not want to loose the wank appeal of the webers, so the best of both world's. I'll get some pic's next week posted.

The car will be in the next Aust Mustangs and Fords, so check it out.  Oh, and it will be for sale, so if your interested contact me.

Darryl

1970 428 Cobra Jet Mustang, 427 S/O block 428 crank & rods, 4 x 48 IDA Webers, 4 speed Top Loader, 3.89 Traction LOC, Currie 31 spline 9", Caltracks, 15"Prostars.

Offline derwin66

• Blue Printed
Webers
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 09:12:56 pm »
Daryl I thought you were going back to twins.
65 T code coupe.
Blown 302. Heidts suspension, tricked C4
Gear vendors overdrive, RRS rack and pinion
Street or track roller perches adjustable struts.
60 F100.
Warm 289, AOD

Offline 428 Cobra Jet

• Stallion
Webers
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 08:57:13 pm »
"Yep, you are right, however the frustration of the webers, and the wank appeal that they have, made me rethink it, secondly AM&F mag thought it would be a great tech article and I do really like the weber look, alot.

The twin Holleys are a great set up, however they are not absolutly perfect for the street, I have come up with a way of hiding almost everything on the weber conversion, so I am hoping that it still keeps the nostalgic feel. It should be finished by the time the next Mustang owners meeting is held.

Darryl
1970 428 Cobra Jet Mustang, 427 S/O block 428 crank & rods, 4 x 48 IDA Webers, 4 speed Top Loader, 3.89 Traction LOC, Currie 31 spline 9", Caltracks, 15"Prostars.

Offline johnny_b

• Worked
Webers
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 09:12:44 pm »
OK I'm still a little confused, are the Webers for sale AS well as your Mustang. Always have jealous friends asking about Mustangs for sale. You've got a nice 69, yeah?
Real AUSSIES use a Knife and Fork.

Offline 69candy

• Worked
Webers
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 10:06:32 pm »
I also like the wank appeall of webbers!! Used to have a set of twin 45's on a Gemini years ago!! No air cleaners and the sound of the whistle, oh boy!!

Offline 428 Cobra Jet

• Stallion
Webers
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 07:50:01 pm »
Quote from: johnny_b link=topic=14380.msg146763#msg146763
OK I'm still a little confused, are the Webers for sale AS well as your Mustang. Always have jealous friends asking about Mustangs for sale. You've got a nice 69, yeah?

jonny B, The webers are not for sale, I have stripped them and are currently hiding and installing injectors into them, I am converting the webers over to EFi,  so it should look just like webers, I don't think many will be able to pick it, So I will have to wait and see.

The Muz 427 is for sale however  I would never sell it unless it was totally right and I could not say that about the webers as they were, secondly AM&F magazine asked about doing an spread on the car and then asked could I include the conversion when they heard what I was up to with the weber conversation. So now a double feature, well thats what they are saying, so i'll wait and see. oh by the way it's a 70 not a 69.

Darryl