Does anyone need help with weddings or formal hire?

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Does anyone need help with weddings or formal hire?  (Read 10368 times)

Offline shelby_mustro

• Supercharged
  • Name: Ryan
Nifty I know the rules mate you don't have to tell me twice what the road rules are about. As I said the word help does not mean I am doing it for gain or anything it just means I can help people out find the right car for there wedding or formal. I know how hard that may be for some people!! so been around people that share the same love for there car I know quite a few people that do weddings and have the above liciences.

1965 Ford mustang coupe
hipo 4bbl 347 windsor v8
t5 5 speed manual
4 wheel power assisted brakes

Other cars
1967 mustang coupe 289 c4 red
1966 mustang convertible nightmist blue
1951 f1 chopped truck blown c4 black
1963 Xl falcon ute 200ci 3spd manual white

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 04:32:36 pm »
Is this a business venture, or all for free?

Offline ponyride

• Blue Printed
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 08:07:49 pm »
Wow, generous offer. You'll get lots of takers I'm sure.
Rick

Offline Brett_T

• Worked
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 04:21:36 pm »
Hey Ryan, i have a mate that is getting married next month, i am lending one of my cars to them.. i can ask if they need another.. Hey Niftyb,, what is your business name?? i have been asked several times for companies like yourself that do functions... do you have a website that i could point people too?? Cheers

Offline shelby_mustro

• Supercharged
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 05:24:10 pm »
Yea sweet as always good to get the old girl out on the road again dude let me know cheers!
1965 Ford mustang coupe
hipo 4bbl 347 windsor v8
t5 5 speed manual

Other cars

Offline Brett_T

• Worked
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 07:29:00 pm »
Hey Nifty-B?? do you do work up in Brisbane northside...  have a couple wanting a car for an anniversary.. unsure what is wanted...

Offline ozford

• Worked
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 07:11:23 pm »
Quote from: Brett_T link=topic=14100.msg144558#msg144558
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/11/17/3068895.htm

totally UN- AUSSIE :soap:

Offline derwin66

• Blue Printed
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 07:21:51 pm »
In Queensland the act actually specifies you can use your club registered vehicle for family related rituals of sorts.
65 T code coupe.
Blown 302. Heidts suspension, tricked C4
Gear vendors overdrive, RRS rack and pinion
Street or track roller perches adjustable struts.
60 F100.
Warm 289, AOD

Offline shelby_mustro

• Supercharged
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 06:08:34 pm »
Arh BLAR BLar blar....who cares! Get out and enjoy our cars I say.... :hammer:
1965 Ford mustang coupe
hipo 4bbl 347 windsor v8
t5 5 speed manual

Other cars

Offline johnny_b

• Worked
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 08:05:51 pm »
Mate , I don't know how you feel but it must be so annoying to offer your Stang and time for free for weddings and then have all this negative SH 1 T thrown at you. I'd be totally p1ssed if I were you :banghead:
Real AUSSIES use a Knife and Fork.

Offline shelby_mustro

• Supercharged
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2011, 05:44:57 pm »
Yes i know they dont want to make it easy for me lol.
 But at the end of the day It's not all free I know the right contacts of people that have all the above crap and charge good cheep rates was only trying to help people out because this is what the forum is ment to be about helping others & to get our cars out on the road! If others want to have a bash at me because they are worried about looseing work so be it I don't care mate lifes to short for bullish#
1965 Ford mustang coupe
hipo 4bbl 347 windsor v8
t5 5 speed manual

Other cars

Offline bob6t8

• P Plates
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2011, 05:51:58 pm »
He jonny_b , I don't thik Ryan knows what he is doing, 1st he offerer his services , 2nd then he bared up when nifty tried to hep & pointed out a few facts & he (Ryan) said he was only going to help people Find Cars , but not actually do weddings himself, 3rd Ryan said to Brett " Yes he would do one",
4th when derwin66 pointed out a fact about the law in Qld , & I beleive derwin66 just might know a bit about the law !! , Ryan said " Arh BLAR BLar blar....who cares! Get out and enjoy our cars I say."
So I think johnny that ryan is a bit mixed up , & this forum trait has gone wright off track  , but it's had over 300 hit , so someone it entertained by it !!

Cruise safe guys ,it's all about enjoying life & our cars that we are fortunate enough to own :thumb:

Offline shelby_mustro

• Supercharged
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2011, 06:01:27 pm »
Haha never ment to be off track :violin: everyone has just taken me there... But hay like you said look at the bright side as long as everyone here is having fun & getting some entertaient out of this :smile01:
1965 Ford mustang coupe
hipo 4bbl 347 windsor v8
t5 5 speed manual

Other cars

Offline 69ISH

• Worked
  • Name: Rodney
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2011, 09:04:27 pm »
Quote from: nifty-b link=topic=14100.msg144321#msg144321
Are you on Full Rego mate ?, gota be to do them , & have an Accreditation by the Qld Department of Transport !! $2,060 per year in

Qld    www.tmr.qld.gov.au

From: Kirsty.J.Munn@tmr.qld.gov.au [mailto:Kirsty.J.Munn@tmr.qld.gov.au]
Sent: Tuesday, 22 March 2011 5:23 PM
To:
Subject: Special Purpose Limousine information
As discussed, you will require Queensland Accreditation and (given the age of the vehicles) Special Purpose Limousine (SPL) Licence if you pick up passengers in Qld, this means the vehicles will need to be on Full Registered in Qld , not Conessional Club Registration and require a Qld garaging address.
Following is the information bulletin for Limousine services, which incorporates Special Purpose Limousine.

The cost for a Special Purpose Limousine Licence in Qld is currently $2,060 per car for one year.

Plus $20mill Public Liabilaty Ins around $650 p/year , Plus be a registeren business/ company to first be elegable to get all this.
Vehicle must be roadworthy with a yearly RWC , & have a machanics report on the condition & safty of the vehicle.
And the Driver/ Operator  must have an A1 clean driving record .

From what I read about Special Purpose Limousine Licence (SPL) you can not get them for L/hand drive vehicles full stop.

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/~/media/3d63d63c-0261-43af-a56c-63cd1954edcb/pdf_special_purpose_limousines_faq.pdf

Have a look at the bottom of Question 3

Cheers Rodney
1969 Mustang Sportsroof (8+ year Project are they ever completed)
1969 Cougar Eliminator (Sadly sold)
1972 Gran Torino Sport (Sold)
1968 Mustang Coupe (Sold)
Read about "Eliminators" below
http://eliminator.mercurycougarregistry.com/

Offline johnny_b

• Worked
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2011, 10:43:03 pm »
Quote from: bob6t8 link=topic=14100.msg144673#msg144673
He jonny_b , I don't thik Ryan knows what he is doing, 1st he offerer his services , 2nd then he bared up when nifty tried to hep & pointed out a few facts & he (Ryan) said he was only going to help people Find Cars , but not actually do weddings himself, 3rd Ryan said to Brett " Yes he would do one",
4th when derwin66 pointed out a fact about the law in Qld , & I beleive derwin66 just might know a bit about the law !! , Ryan said " Arh BLAR BLar blar....who cares! Get out and enjoy our cars I say."
So I think johnny that ryan is a bit mixed up , & this forum trait has gone wright off track  , but it's had over 300 hit , so someone it entertained by it !!

Cruise safe guys ,it's all about enjoying life & our cars that we are fortunate enough to own :thumb:

Err.. I'm trying to sympathise with Shelby_Mustro, not give him anymore crap.
Don't forget, this is a young guy giving up his time and Stang to make some  newly wed couples most important day just a little more special.
Real AUSSIES use a Knife and Fork.

Offline shelby_mustro

• Supercharged
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2011, 01:51:42 pm »
Quote from: 69ISH link=topic=14100.msg144693#msg144693
Are you on Full Rego mate ?, gota be to do them , & have an Accreditation by the Qld Department of Transport !! $2,060 per year in

To:
As discussed, you will require Queensland Accreditation and (given the age of the vehicles) Special Purpose Limousine (SPL) Licence if you pick up passengers in Qld, this means the vehicles will need to be on Full Registered in Qld , not Conessional Club Registration and require a Qld garaging address.
Following is the information bulletin for Limousine services, which incorporates Special Purpose Limousine.

The cost for a Special Purpose Limousine Licence in Qld is currently $2,060 per car for one year.

Plus $20mill Public Liabilaty Ins around $650 p/year , Plus be a registeren business/ company to first be elegable to get all this.
Vehicle must be roadworthy with a yearly RWC , & have a machanics report on the condition & safty of the vehicle.

From what I read about Special Purpose Limousine Licence (SPL) you can not get them for L/hand drive vehicles full stop.

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/~/media/3d63d63c-0261-43af-a56c-63cd1954edcb/pdf_special_purpose_limousines_faq.pdf

Cheers Rodney
yes this is true from what I hear! So how is it that nifty can have a licience to do it when he owns a lhd car after him saying I quote we do weddings!! so I fail to see how this is fair unless im missing somthing on niftys side but its still a bit rude don't you think.
Like johnny b said I'm only trying to help out!!
1965 Ford mustang coupe
hipo 4bbl 347 windsor v8
t5 5 speed manual

Other cars

Offline Brett_T

• Worked
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2011, 01:33:44 pm »
Do you do divorce recpetions...ha..if i buy another car thats what will happen!!!:smile01::rub:

Offline 69ISH

• Worked
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2011, 03:21:54 pm »
Quote from: shelby_mustro link=topic=14100.msg144724#msg144724
Quote from: 69ISH link=topic=14100.msg144693#msg144693

To:

Cheers Rodney
yes this is true from what I hear! So how is it that nifty can have a licience to do it when he owns a lhd car after him saying I quote we do weddings!! so I fail to see how this is fair unless im missing somthing on niftys side but its still a bit rude don't you think.
Like johnny b said I'm only trying to help out!!

I dont know how Nifty is doing it, He is based over the border maybe they have different legislation in NSW.

I should have asked him yesterday but I will ask how he is doing it when I see him next.

On a side note Yesterday I was given a business card while my car was on display at the Queensland Auto Spectacular by a company called "Special Day Cars" with a website www.specialdaycars.com.au I could not find any legal info on there about what is required to legally hire your car out yet on their business card it says and I Quote
"LIST YOUR SPECIAL CAR
"Be seen, Get Paid"
www.specialdaycars.com.au
WEDDINGS
SCHOOL FORMALS
GENERAL HIRE
OTHER OCCASIONS"
End of Quote

So I would presume there must be some legal way of doing it unless they are putting the onus back on you to make sure you have all the relevant licencing and Insurances to be able to hire out your vehicle.

I would love to be able to use my car for fromals and the likes and make a little extra on the side if possible but I am not willing to risk someone tripping on the way out of my car or something similar and then sue me with out having insurance for this, In my opinion it is not worth the risk.
I have used my car for 2 weddings and 1 formal (Friends and family)  but after hearing (Nifty told me this) of a guy down at tweed who was doing them regularly and had a bride trip on the way out of a car and sueing him and he then losing near on everything he had I won't be doing it again unless I can do it legally.

Offline 69ISH

• Worked
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2011, 03:26:32 pm »
Quote from: Brett_T link=topic=14100.msg144774#msg144774
Do you do divorce recpetions...ha..if i buy another car thats what will happen!!!:smile01::rub:

You don't need to get divorced to buy another car just to need to become a little wiser.
The last (Toy) car I purchased was the Cougar and it was purchased as a gift to my most understanding, kindest,  loveliest, sweetest wife for Mothers day.
Problem solved and there is another Mothers day just around the corner.

Offline Brett_T

• Worked
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2011, 05:29:30 pm »
You don't need to get divorced to buy another car just to need to become a little wiser.
The last (Toy) car I purchased was the Cougar and it was purchased as a gift to my most understanding, kindest, loveliest, sweetest wife for Mothers day.
Problem solved and there is another Mothers day just around the corner

Yes i know 69ish, but the car i am wanting is a Shelby... and i have a few cars( and other toys) already.. cant give the wife a Shelby and then not let her drive it!!   because i cant see me letting her take it to work or the shops..:smile01:

Offline 69ISH

• Worked
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2011, 08:26:27 am »
Quote from: Brett_T link=topic=14100.msg144796#msg144796
The last (Toy) car I purchased was the Cougar and it was purchased as a gift to my most understanding, kindest, loveliest, sweetest wife for Mothers day.
Problem solved and there is another Mothers day just around the corner

Yes i know 69ish, but the car i am wanting is a Shelby... and i have a few cars( and other toys) already.. cant give the wife a Shelby and then not let her drive it!!   because i cant see me letting her take it to work or the shops..:smile01:

I should have mentioned that my wife is most understanding and I am a little forgetfull, The Cougar is LHD and she wont drive LHD.:smile01:

Offline shelby_mustro

• Supercharged
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2011, 07:04:35 pm »
Haha that's a good thing mate... Yet I just don't teach my missus how to drive easy!! lol
1965 Ford mustang coupe
hipo 4bbl 347 windsor v8
t5 5 speed manual

Other cars

Offline josh085

• L Plates
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2011, 07:14:55 pm »
I am getting married on the 11 of november this year and require 2 cars prefer around the 67 era, wedding at rosemount sunshine coast if anyone can help let me know josh 0403151410 or joshandcarissa19@bigpond.com

Offline BIG SIS

• L Plates
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2011, 03:30:48 pm »
hey mate

ive kinda left it to the last minute but i promised i would organise my little sisters formal transport... Do you or anyone have a black or white convertible mustang???

if not is yours a 2 or 4 seater?? (theres no way my sister should b driving anything bar a push bike)

hope u can help

shanel

shaneledwards@hotmail.com