New Product in development... Opinions please...71-73 Taillights with Amber Indicator

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: New Product in development... Opinions please...71-73 Taillights with Amber Indicator  (Read 4651 times)

Offline BLKPNY

• Pegasus
  • Forum Sponsor
    • www.CustomMustangs.com.au
Here is a prototype of a LED panel for the 71 - 73 Mustangs.
Awesomely bright red LED's in all 3 sections (not just the 2 outers) with amber LED's in the clear reverse light section.

The 3 red sections can sequence once when the brakes are applied, or it can just work as normal.

The amber will be used as indicator/reverse, similar to the XA/XB/XC Falcons. This will require a minor rewire of the taillights.

The pics are taken with my phone, it looks much more even in real life. The red doesn't have a bright spot in the middle, like the pic shows.

Red:

Amber:

What do you guys think??
Custom Mustangs
0438 351 400 or 03 9782 8850
For Email CLICK HERE
2/14 Lakewood Blvd Carrum Downs Victoria
Signature Sponsor

Offline JimNiki

• Worked
Stef, I can tell you that it is nice and we all want one but the price will put 99% of us off...

hit us ...

Offline Sprint72

• Worked
  • Name: Brett
If I was getting my car converted to RHD and needed amber blinkers to get it passed then I would be buying these for sure ahead of modifying the lens themselves.

Offline bob6t8

• P Plates
Yeah , geed set up , but BLKPNY Steve , WHY are the Aussie Spec tail lights for a 67-68 $389 ,
but for 69 & 70 they are $519 ?    & the 71-73 will be $540 odd ??  

It seems you get the LH & RH Lenses & the 230 Led Lamps in both set ups ,

so why are the 60 , 70 & 71-73 kits an extra $130 -$160 ? ? over the 67-68 kits ??

Offline BLKPNY

• Pegasus
  • Forum Sponsor
    • www.CustomMustangs.com.au
Hi Bod,
It has to do with a few things, firstly, the 66 lenses are much cheaper to produce, and we sell many many times more 66 kits than any other kit. More kits to buy, means better pricing on the kit.

We still aren't settled on a price for the 71-73 kit yet, We may be able to do the kit without lenses, which will bring the price down accordingly.
Custom Mustangs
0438 351 400 or 03 9782 8850
For Email CLICK HERE
2/14 Lakewood Blvd Carrum Downs Victoria
Signature Sponsor