Can Teen Nostalgia Drags Saturday19/2/11

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Can Teen Nostalgia Drags Saturday19/2/11  (Read 3625 times)

Offline jmd1

• Blue Printed
« on: February 11, 2011, 05:55:46 pm »
Afternoon all, this event next Saturday should be a massive day for both the members of Can teen and MOCA Qld.
The event promoters have come up with a Corporate box for the day which will be very useful for those members of Can teen undergoing chemo, as well as a great place to get out of the sun and heat for a while.
They also love the idea of the day being a club event and are only to happy to bend over backwards and help in any way they can.
Thirty something young guys are looking forward to the ride out to Willowbank. Twenty something mustang owners are looking forward to getting them there and safely back to Brissie.
Meet at Can teen office 2/24 Light St Fortitude Valley at 8 for a 9am departure for the track.
Anyone wanting to renew or apply for a blue card , we can sort it before we leave.
Looking forward to this BIG TIME.
Cheers JD.   for any info call me on 0411115867.

Offline LEE H 69

• Worked
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 08:49:06 pm »
Good on ya John
another rewarding and worthy day
looking forward to it:fantastic:

Offline Brett_T

• Worked
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 08:07:36 am »
Hi John,  the Galaxie will be on the road by then, care if i tag along, as i think the 67 will be in the paint shop...

Offline jmd1

• Blue Printed
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 09:25:02 pm »
Yeah Brett.
Bring along the Galaxie it's all about the ride and the drags when we get out there.
The promoters have bent over backwards to accomodate Can teen and the members for the day by offering a corporate box, which will allow some reprieve from the sun.
That alone is worth ????
Thanks to all for putting up hands and giving up the day and for helping these kids out.
At this point in time there are over 30 members keen to get out there, and all are looking forward to a ride in a Stang.

Alls good, all we can hope is that we get settled weather for the day

Offline jmd1

• Blue Printed
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 11:49:44 pm »
 What a massive day, 31 Can teen members driven out to the track and back by MOCA members. A good cruise out from the Valley to Willowbank and the greeting on arrival from the organisers could not have been warmer or more helpful.
After parking up and sorting an area for shade structures I was told "any dramas tellem to f off or come see me", it was great, "take as much room as you want we want the kids tom have a great day". How good is that?
To top that there were two corperate boxes available, not bad on a 36 degree day and they were well used. Nothing better than aircon on a day like today.
One Can teen member was invited by one of the competitors to do the parade laps and the guy that did it will be talking about it for the rest of his life. He loves cars and a bit of the right pedal, I spoke to afterwards and he was over the moon. Bloody brilliant
Andrew Cowans first pass at 225mph was fast given the conditions and what looked during the burnout like a test run.
If anyone thought these guys don't play hard those thoughts were dispelled today. For a lot of MOCA guys this was an intro to Nostalgia drags and I am sure will see a lot more of our members at these events.
Thanks to Street Machine Magazine for the very generous hospitality and friendship afforded to both us and Can teen, I met some fantastic people today who could not do enough to make the day the success that it was and deeply appreciate all and every bit of it.
Thank you each and every one for making today absolutely bloody brilliant.

Offline LEE H 69

• Worked
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 08:37:28 pm »
Certainly was a good day John, and give yourself a big pat on the back for the day.
All the kids, from both canteen and MOCA had a ball and enjoyed the ride.

maybe one year out at Lakeside for the independence day run, or similar, I think the Kids would be rapped with a few laps of the track,
I can see the 69 spending all day on the track swapping passengers.

anyway thumbs up good day was had by all:fantastic: