Painless v Ezwiring v Ron Francis

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Painless v Ezwiring v Ron Francis  (Read 5175 times)

Offline roro

• Stallion
« on: January 17, 2011, 01:50:02 pm »
So,  whos the best?

EZ are the cheapest.
Painless are well known.
Ron Francis look like they have good instructions.

http://www.ronfrancis.com/prodinfo.asp?number=AC%2D67

http://www.jegs.com/i/Painless+Performance+Products/764/20120/10002/-1

http://ezwiring.com/wiring_harness.html

Any useful opinions appreciated......

Craig

Offline derwin66

• Blue Printed
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 05:08:54 pm »
Used EZ on mine, pretty good.  Steering coloumn instructions is for a GM vehicle though.  Plugs and fitting I reused off the old harness, I think Painless come with the plugs and fittings though.  Couldn't complain though pretty cheap harness.
65 T code coupe.
Blown 302. Heidts suspension, tricked C4
Gear vendors overdrive, RRS rack and pinion
Street or track roller perches adjustable struts.
60 F100.
Warm 289, AOD

Offline roro

• Stallion
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 06:35:26 pm »
thanks. I'm leaning mnore and more toward the EZWIRING harness....... just cant see how the painless harness is $500 better. And Ron Francis dont return emails.....

Craig

Offline Tempest

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 10:45:13 pm »
I used the painles kit and i thought it was good.

Most of the circuits are already terminated and you just plug it in. The main exception is the dash switches, the wires have the pins alreay attatched but you have to remove the plastic plug body from your old harness and plug the new wires into it.

It came wired for all the factory options that i know of (A/C, glove box lights etc) and some aftermarket provisions for tacho and elec fuel pump.

Gary

Offline donoauto

• Worked
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 05:56:47 pm »
I've wired cars using both painless & ez I didn't find any difference worth mentioning as far as quality/fit goes. I know that we'll all no auto-elecs but I just bought a blade fuse box with a lid that identifies the circuits for stuff all & will rewire mine shortly just using that. I've got all the plugs on the car already , just need to route wires where I want them , add some relays here & there , flasher can & off we go.
Regards ,

Mark.

Auto-electrician & car A/C guy.

Offline BLKPNY

• Pegasus
  • Forum Sponsor
    • www.CustomMustangs.com.au
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 10:58:40 pm »
What about replacing the damaged/faulty individual harnesses, with repro ones?
Custom Mustangs
0438 351 400 or 03 9782 8850
For Email CLICK HERE
2/14 Lakewood Blvd Carrum Downs Victoria
Signature Sponsor

Offline jas24zzk

• Worked
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 11:11:52 pm »
I'd like to hear from anyone that has gone that road, esp a car thats been on the road for a few years.

I just fitted a change over loom to an XW - GS ute that was supplied through Grand Tourer.  So far an excellent unit, with the alterations for internal reg alternator and hidden relayed head lamps fitted at my request.  (they do prefer to do them concourse tho.)  It was somewhat pricey at $1500, but at least i could just lay it in the car, secure it  in the factory locations and everything fitted first go.

Jas

Offline roro

• Stallion
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 06:50:18 am »
Yeah a repro one would be the way to go but i am actually wiring a 64 Falcon , not a Mustang. I know they are almost the same but not quite......think id prefer to run my own wiring as its a v8 conversion, one wire alternator, power windows, air con etc...... just a bit worried that a Mustang harness will be too short or too long in some spots...

craig

$1500 for an XW harness...... wow.

Offline RonFrancis

• L Plates
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 07:31:56 am »
Hey Craig,

This is Ron Francis. I just wanted you to know that I asnwer all emails if they get to me and I can get it back to you. Just because you didn't get a reply doesn't mean I ignored you.  I have three or four mails a day that come back to me as undeliverable.  Often it is because the writer spelled his address wrong or left a letter out.  I answer 100 mails a day and plenty from Austrailia too.  

Ron Francis Wiring is the pioneer of the do it yourself wiring kits.  All others except a reproduction are an attempt to copy some of our ideas.  We quitely make the best product offer terrific customer support and you can contact me personally if you have a problem or a simple question.  

If you have never tried our product, maybe you should go to our web site and download our catalog.  Once you read it throughly, you won't even try to compare us to the others.

Thanks for listening,

Ron Francis myself:cool:
ron@ronfrancis.com

Offline Pinto Pete

• Blue Printed
  • Name: Nigel
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 09:55:37 pm »
the walls have ears..... and eyes  , feels like the twilight zone :smile01:
It is far easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission

Offline jas24zzk

• Worked