Thankyou Andrew and Cheryll White!!!

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Thankyou Andrew and Cheryll White!!!  (Read 2228 times)

Offline Glen68

• Thoroughbred
« on: January 12, 2011, 12:54:41 pm »
I would like to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers!!

I would also like to advise all MOCA members of 2 very special MOCA members here in Queensland - Andrew and Cheryll White.

Today, Layne Smerdon's (Auslayne) business - Proj-X - will go under in flood waters. This morning I was there moving stuff to higher ground and trying to save whatever we could before the water came flooding in. Out of nowhere, Andrew and Cheryll arrived with their only thoughts being of helping. With their help and that of others, we were able to save 3 mustangs and a fairlane (belonging to customers) along with huge amounts of parts and equipment. Their help and assistance and the amazing community spirit of others in the area (which had me in tears) means the world to myself and Layne and will not be forgotten. Thank you does not seem enough so all I can say is that we will be eternally grateful and THANKYOU!!!!

Offline Spooky

• Worked
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 04:30:23 pm »
The "Aussie Spirit" shines through once again. Well done Andrew and Cheryll!!!!!!!
[align=center]
[/align]

Offline Auslayne

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 11:55:52 pm »
Greetings all,

There are no words to express how deeply grateful I am at this moment. Although safe and dry with my family, I've been frustratingly isolated from my business all the while knowing that it would (and now has) gone under.
There are actually a number of hero's in the above posting and Glen Pearce (my very best mate) and his son Brad must be included. Glen and I have been mates since school and have been through a few tough times to boot, but his efforts today along with those of the others were something that I'll never, ever forget.
This band of absolute gems worked tirelessly to save several customers cars, parts and equipment all as the waters approached with nothing but cool, calm, methodical precision. That in itself is inspiring, but whats more touching is they all just though selflessly about 'helping a mate'.
How friggin' proud am I to be an Aussie and to be lucky enough to call each one of them 'mate'?

My sincere and heartfelt thanks to Glen and Brad Pearce, Andrew and Cheryll White, Hughie and Jason from 60's Rust (huge wrap especially for Hughie) and customer Michael Lendvai and his brother (who I should mention had only minutes before lost his house and project car/parts to the flooding) Plus thanks to those who have called and offered help with the cleanup and getting Proj-X back up and running.

No words, I just can't find the words!

Layne