Broker/ Agent Advice

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Broker/ Agent Advice  (Read 2243 times)

Offline shteve65

• Pony
Broker/ Agent Advice
« on: January 10, 2011, 05:35:28 pm »
Hey guys,  it has  been a while.
So the other day i finally got the call that my car will be arriving on the 23rd of this month!

Its been over a year since the day I purchased it :shocked:
Not the smoothest run but anyways thats not why im here.

My car was shipped with Shumachers Cargo Logistics which have been great on there part and Freightnet will be the agent receiving my car on this side (Victoria).

Now I spoke to them and they quoted me about $1500  for quarantine, clearance and everything (not GST)

Now I have one question. Can this be done cheaper? Can it be done with another broker/agent. Any recommendations would be great. Need to decide by the end of the week. Thanks!!!

Offline ponyride

• Blue Printed
Broker/ Agent Advice
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 06:14:34 pm »
FWIW that sounds about right. The only advice I would give is if there is any likelihood that the car will need cleaning, try to use a customs agent that has the facility to do this in-house without you paying to have it transported elsewhere and back again to be re-inspected. They do exist (in Perth anyway).
Rick

Offline 66RedRagtop

• Supercharged
Broker/ Agent Advice
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 08:38:58 pm »
Check with Jim who's very reasonable at import agents Intel Cargo in Clayton 9541 6888

Offline shteve65

• Pony
Broker/ Agent Advice
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 11:19:43 pm »
ponyride, Thanks and noted.
Red, thanks for the number ill give him a call this week.
Any others people recommend?

Offline tim_morrison82

• Blue Printed
    • http://s806.photobucket.com/home/tim_morrison82/allalbums
Broker/ Agent Advice
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 08:32:52 pm »
i got screwed importing an engine. agent charged $900, when the engine itself cost $750! 1500 for a whole car sounds about right.

motormentor

motormentor
Broker/ Agent Advice
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 07:05:25 am »
shteve65,

I would refer you to John Guy, Famous Logistics Australia - you can Google the company - John's great and he can likely advise you of the cheapest way to go about this however I do agree with Rick, this is also a smart approach.

Kindly.

Offline shteve65

• Pony
Broker/ Agent Advice
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 12:34:20 pm »
Thanks guys, I ended up going through Freightnet as they were the agent already receiving my car and what they quoted seemed  reasonable. My car arrives in Melbourne Today! Ill see if i can get some unloading photos off them to share.