Best way

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Best way  (Read 2771 times)

Offline Bernie Knight

• Pony
Best way
« on: December 11, 2010, 01:56:52 pm »
:feedback:

I have been trawling through a number of US sites for Mustang parts.

After finding quite a list of parts I placed an order but was surprised to see that the order total of $900 attracted freight and handling costs of $400.

The parts I was after included, AM/FM radio, door handle set, matt set and a few small rubber sun visor bits and a set of amber lenses.

:shrug:

I figured postage would be in the region of $100 - 150 as the toal weight would be around 7kg - 15lbs.

Having freighted GT40 car pieces via USPS from Palm Springs this year at this cost - this was what I was expecting.

:rub:

Just wondered if anyone has found a US supplier that is reasonable in postage or prepared to look at options to freight.

:hope:

Or is there a supplier here in Australia, that is reasonably priced. Fully understanding that they also need to freight and import etc... and need to add costs to the US price.

:feedback:

I am looking for the above few dress up items..:shrug:

Offline seany-boy

• Worked
  • Car: 1970 Mach1
Best way
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 02:44:20 pm »
I found Dallas mustang expensive for postage.
Mustangs Unlimited was ok if you can get to talk to someone either via email or phone as they combine stuff.
One of the best I used was West Coast Cougars , who stock a bunch of Mustang parts as well if you look at their website. They try to minimise postage for me each time.
Or try local- pay more but if they combine shipping then maybe ok, at least you get service - or someone to complain too!

Offline Bernie Knight

• Pony
Best way
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 03:01:17 pm »
Thanks guys for the feedback.

Yes, I would buy local as it is no hassle and obviously I will pay a little more.

The items such as AM/FM radio, car matts looked the goods on the US sites.

Will keep an eye open for an Australian supplier....:agree:

Offline jbrucem1

• Worked
Best way
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 05:31:09 pm »
yep you will find a number of suppliers in Vic..
BLKPNY / Custome Mustangs on the forum have good stock, griffs and Ian Blume at Mustang Marque In Bendigo all have good stock, Ian being the cheapest I think..
With the AUD so strong, buying from the states will probably save you a few dollars, but once you hit the 1k mark, it may be easier just to go locally..and as seany-boy points out, someone to complain to/cpntact easily when things cock up:thumb:

Offline Sprint72

• Worked
  • Name: Brett
Best way
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 05:34:35 pm »
I'm a big fan of Ohio Mustang Supply.

http://www.ohiomustang.com/

Just got a box of bits two days ago (box size 24" x 16" x 13") and shipping came in at US$73. Granted the parts I bought were light plastic parts, but that's a decent price for the size of the shipment if you ask me. They have never charged me anything but actual postage either.

The way it works is that you list all the parts from their site that you want in an email to Don (donwitt@ohiomustang.com) and he emails back a shipping quote. If it's acceptable you let him know and he sends a Paypal invoice for the parts/shipping, you pay through Paypal and the parts turn up about two weeks later.

Break your shipments down into less than $1000 though otherwise you'll get a phone call from customs wanting some import duty money:soap: